• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can James Bryant do anything?

Can James Bryant do anything?

• Batting

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Fielding

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Looking Nice

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Nothing

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters

Rich2001

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Neil, if you started the poll, don't you have an opinion?
I think his opinion is rather obvious... If his asking can he actually do anything, means that he doesn't think his done anything to date.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well, I seem to recall him getting a ton. If it was against anyone other than Derbyshire, I'd qualify my vote as 'bat - a little'

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Rich2001 said:
I think his opinion is rather obvious... If his asking can he actually do anything, means that he doesn't think his done anything to date.
Exactly.

Have you noticed that if you remove the J, D, B, R and Y from "JDC BRYANT" and add an apostrophe, you get...

"CAN'T"

Proof :P

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Materba Kanatha Gamage Chamila Premanath Lak****ha is now worried that Neil will obliterate his name!

jf2001

Cricket Web Staff Member
Not Good...

In my humble opinion Bryant is taking time to adapt to english cricket and Somerset fans might have to be more patient which isn't easy when your county are playing like muppets. I am hopeful he will come good but cases like Bryant merely fuel the debate over EC qualified players in the english game. The argument going that these 'lesser' players fill the slots younger english lads should get.

On a positive, I've been much more impressed with Laraman who is having a useful season with bat and ball.

I think we should hang fire on Bryant for a little longer. I seem to remember Pollock taking a wicket with his first ball of four day and one day county cricket before going on to be obliterating out of sight with his bowling. Some players struggle to adapt and I am just hoping Bryant makes a significant impact in the second part of the season or he should be out the door!!

Hows that for patient?? :lol:

PS: I am not comparing Bryant with Pollock in any way other than to say if Pollock can strugle, expect lesser players too!

Langeveldt

Soutie
To be honest, Somerset would do far better to have some local homegrown batsman like Wes Durston in the squad than some South African who is just bitter because he cant get in the national team... He is taking up a space that he doesnt deserve..

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
If Valencia have offers from Villa from abroad, why would they not try and not sell to a foreign club then to make one of their rivals stronger? I would ring up Chelsea and see if a deal can be struck before I would sell to Real or Barca.
I think they'd love to do that, but from what I can tell Villa has made it pretty clear he wants to stay in Spain.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I heard he was great at maintaining the forum atmosphere, though that was probably all speculation, I mean, lets face it, not many people can.