• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Chris Silverwood

Langeveldt

Soutie
I think he is an excellent pace bowler, and should be far higher up the England pecking order than he is....

He still has genuine pace, but is he too old for this new look team?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
He's certainly not too old (28) but he's hardly bowled this season (about half the number of overs that many others have bowled). Now whether that's through fitness or choice I'm not sure.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
CORRECTION

Sorry if I caused any confusion. I read the stats in your sig and thought you had posted them for Silverwood.

Bazza

International 12th Man
I'm not a big fan of Silverwood's. He's never really impressed me when involved with the England set-up and I think there are several others in ront of him now. At 28 he'll do well to get another chance because when you see guys like Gough and Caddick plagued by injuries once past 30, he would have a very short career and is probably no longer worth the investment.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Re: FIRST POST

Prince EWS said:
Those are impressive stats. I had no idea he was that good a batsman.
Lol! Yeah im quite happy with my batting averages at the moment, and i havent updated it for a while after a few thirties...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
With regards Silverwood, I think the emergence of Anderson as an automatic pick will mean he'll need a lot of injuries to get back in.