• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sheep Draft

biased indian

International Coach
Okay NiNjA is out.

Selection 4
You are required to select a Test Cricketer who debuted in the last 50 years who didn't bowl a single delivery in Test Cricket. Your selection must average under 45 with the bat and take less then 1 catch per match (to avoid keepers mainly)
that 1 catch per match took out both Flemming and Strauss !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

think this will result in very ordinary players if some one find good player good luck to him :)

James_W

U19 Vice-Captain
Question 4 really is a stinker. I had to pick someone who only played 1 test match, but had a good FC career.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Nufan: Are we selecting squads? Or just a direct XI players?
I don't want to do large squads or anything, but I've decided that we'll all have 12 selections and be judged on your best XI..

It basically allows everyone to stuff up once as I imagine especially at this early stage everyone is just picking whoever they think is best and not really looking at team balance.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
I don't want to do large squads or anything, but I've decided that we'll all have 12 selections and be judged on your best XI..

It basically allows everyone to stuff up once as I imagine especially at this early stage everyone is just picking whoever they think is best and not really looking at team balance.
Yes that sounds a good idea. I can imagine a number of members may be placing this round 4 selection as the "12th" man. Great question, limited range of decent players.

biased indian

International Coach

i have a middle order player,one opener,i fast bowler so far

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Nearly 2 hours remaining for yesterday's questions, but I'm going to make the next question now..

Selection 5
You are required to select a Test Cricketer born after 1908 who has passed away under the age of 50.

sheepdraft@hotmail.com closing in 24 1/2 hours.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think you can count me out too. I've realised that prowling throug old scoreboards looking for players who never bowled but didn't take many catches but didn't average that much with the bat isn't much how i'd like to spend my time. Sorry folks.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I think you can count me out too. I've realised that prowling throug old scoreboards looking for players who never bowled but didn't take many catches but didn't average that much with the bat isn't much how i'd like to spend my time. Sorry folks.
Shame really. I hope we keep the numbers up. This is, IMO, interesting.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Results from question 2c (6 wickets in an innings on debut)
Biased Indian: Charlie Turner 2a
Social: Trevor Bailey 2a
JamesW: Peter Pollock 2a
Samuel Vimes: Monty Noble 2a
Noble One: Rodney Hogg 2b
Goughy: Bill Lockwood 2b
fredfertang: Dilip Doshi 2c
Jamee: Fail (klusener, bailey, passed )
Michaelf777777: Fail (Grimmett, Valentine, passed)
Neil Pickup: Fail (Bedser, Bailey, Hogg)

Results from question 3b C and W in name
Accepted: Noble One(armstrong), fredfertang, social, Goughy(cowie), Biased Indian, James W,
Fail: Pickup (walcott, cowie) Vimes (Cowdrey, Armstrong) Michaelf777777 (walcott, passed) Jamee (passed)

Results from question 4a average under 45, never bowled etc
Accepted: Vimes, Noble One, Biased Indian, Social, Goughy, JamesW,
Fail: fredfertang, michaelf7777777, neilpickup who all picked Rick McCosker.

Results from question 5a passed away under 50
Accepted: Social
Fail: Noble One & Goughy (sylvester clarke) JamesW & Vimes (Malcolm Marshall), Michael7's & BI (Frank Worrell), pickup & fredfertang (Archie Jackson)

Okay, I'll be back soon to say what all this means!