• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** India In West Indies

g_s007

Cricket Spectator
if IND beats WI 4-0 they move to 2nd in rankings above OZ. interestingly even a 3-1 will not give them any points.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
does anybody actually care about this series? it's so irrelevant, especially as it's not part of a larger test tour. typical example of the BCCI trying to fill air time for more cash at the cost of the players, dhoni mentioned trying the bench strength, i doubt we'll see too much of that, ishant should have been rested or sent to play county cricket, this will do him no benefit at all. in fact most of the players, especially dhoni himself should have been rested.

also how the hell did lendl simmons miss selection behind runako bloody morton? his 70 odd against south africa was the classiest innings of the T20 wc IMO.

Last edited:

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Hours to go, and the only thing on some folks' mind is the Ashes....
:dry:
I suppose this will be made a sticky when the fourth and last match is being played!
:laugh:
Rain is predicted for this match. However, Sabina Park has excellent drainage, so I don't expect too many overs to be lost....
Seen worse even without the ashes going on

pup11

International Coach
I don't know whether its been mentioned already in this thread, as I haven't read through it, but considering how loudly, Indian coach was complaining about player fatigue weighing the team down, one would think that the big guns would have been rested for a inconsequential series like this.

Moving on, without Edwards, the West Indian attack might lose a bit of its sting, but playing in their own conditions, if they apply themselves well, then there is no reason why they can't push India.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I don't know whether its been mentioned already in this thread, as I haven't read through it, but considering how loudly, Indian coach was complaining about player fatigue weighing the team down, one would think that the big guns would have been rested for a inconsequential series like this.

Moving on, without Edwards, the West Indian attack might lose a bit of its sting, but playing in their own conditions, if they apply themselves well, then there is no reason why they can't push India.
They won't be rested because the players are way too insecure with their spot in the team IMO. Harbhajan wouldn't want Pragyan to replace him long term, the fast bowlers dare not rest themselves lest they get replaced by someone else from the the pack. Dhoni won't rest himself because he wants to prove a point after the T20 debacle. Yuvraj won't rest himself for fear of Badrinath getting a long gig in the ODIs and staking a claim for his Test spot. Its a vicious circle, the players won't rest themselves unless entirely secure about their place in the squad, and the BCCI won't rest them purportedly because the players aren't 'requesting to be rested'.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hours to go, and the only thing on some folks' mind is the Ashes....
:dry:
Haha, bit of an understatement as this site goes. 88 posts on this series and 4,711 on the Ashes, despite the latter coming two weeks later. And usually India is the country most posters are from.

I had completely forgotten this was on tbh. I wonder if the West Indies will bother trying.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
They won't be rested because the players are way too insecure with their spot in the team IMO. Harbhajan wouldn't want Pragyan to replace him long term, the fast bowlers dare not rest themselves lest they get replaced by someone else from the the pack. Dhoni won't rest himself because he wants to prove a point after the T20 debacle. Yuvraj won't rest himself for fear of Badrinath getting a long gig in the ODIs and staking a claim for his Test spot. Its a vicious circle, the players won't rest themselves unless entirely secure about their place in the squad, and the BCCI won't rest them purportedly because the players aren't 'requesting to be rested'.
Frankly, you wouldn't want any of those things to happen. Harbhajan is still far more useful than Pragyan, Ishant and Zaheer can provide a lot more than Nehra, Sreesanth and RP Singh. Dhoni's still far better than the next best, and he's captain. Yuvraj is more or less India's second-best (or even best) ODI batsman, while Badrinath has virtually zero chance of making the first XI alongside Yuvraj, let alone ahead of. Irfan is out, Yusuf is being sidelined and Ravi Jadeja is tipped to be an all-round prospect, but isn't as good as these two. Nor is Nayar.

You wouldn't want to do any of that, as it's as good as weakening your top team. One series without them shouldn't hurt. The Indian team, however, has lost one match too many in the West Indies, with the maroons becoming a bogey team, and they are trying really hard to win the series.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha, bit of an understatement as this site goes. 88 posts on this series and 4,711 on the Ashes, despite the latter coming two weeks later. And usually India is the country most posters are from.

I had completely forgotten this was on tbh. I wonder if the West Indies will bother trying.
Gives you a hint of what Indian fans think of the series, doesn't it?

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
does anybody actually care about this series? it's so irrelevant, especially as it's not part of a larger test tour. typical example of the BCCI trying to fill air time for more cash at the cost of the players, dhoni mentioned trying the bench strength, i doubt we'll see too much of that, ishant should have been rested or sent to play county cricket, this will do him no benefit at all. in fact most of the players, especially dhoni himself should have been rested.

also how the hell did lendl simmons miss selection behind runako bloody morton? his 70 odd against south africa was the classiest innings of the T20 wc IMO.
They're trying to get Ishant back in form. He could use a rather light series to get back in the wickets, as it doesn't mean much and he's a first XI regular now.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
I think both West Indies and India fans on this board are treating the series with the disdain it deserves.

Both teams have been playing non-stop cricket for ages and Windies have the Bangladesh series straight after this aswell. A break would have been much more beneficial IMHO. What can either team really gain from this series (apart from cash for the WICB)?

Thank God for Darren Bravo. Without his appearance in the squad my interest in this series would be down to the bare minimum.

shivfan

Banned
The only conclusion I can draw is that Simmons is being 'rested', since he's in the squad for the WI 'A' team three-day game against Bangladesh....

That series seems to be more important, since some Tests are involved.

And the fact that Lil Bravo seems to be about to play is probably an indication of how seriously this series is being taken. This is a good opportunity to give your young players some international experience....

scorpiogal

U19 Debutant
The only conclusion I can draw is that Simmons is being 'rested', since he's in the squad for the WI 'A' team three-day game against Bangladesh....

That series seems to be more important, since some Tests are involved.

And the fact that Lil Bravo seems to be about to play is probably an indication of how seriously this series is being taken. This is a good opportunity to give your young players some international experience....
Rested? Nope. I suspect they replaced one Trini with another. :dry: