• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Breaking News-Pakistani Players Released From ICL Contracts!

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
From what I saw of Razzaq in the ICL, he hasn't stopped being a medium pace pie chucker. Top late order destroyer but his best bowling days are well and truly gone. Terrible in the field to boot.

Not sure Mo Yo should be brought back. Didn't come out of the farce which saw him switch from the ICL to IPL back to the ICL, with much integrity.

I like Naved and slogger Nazir is good for a laugh.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
From what I saw of Razzaq in the ICL, he hasn't stopped being a medium pace pie chucker. Top late order destroyer but his best bowling days are well and truly gone. Terrible in the field to boot.

Not sure Mo Yo should be brought back. Didn't come out of the farce which saw him switch from the ICL to IPL back to the ICL, with much integrity.

I like Naved and slogger Nazir is good for a laugh.
Naved certainly did not display his pace in the ICL which made him such a potent force, but it is reasonable to say that he may have been holding back. Nazir is quality to watch, the Pakistani Warner (at least, in T20).

HMas

U19 12th Man
Pak team for 20/20 WC

Nazir
Jamshed
Younis
Malik
Misbah
Afridi
Razzak
Akmal
Tanvir
Gul
Akhtar

Good luck beating this team :)

Evermind

International Debutant
Woah. Bond back for the third test? That's be freaking incredible. My favourite modern day cricketer!

Xuhaib

International Coach
Maybe he was holding back but Bond looked ordinary in ICL.

As for the OP. Great to have Razzaq, Rana,Sami, Farhat, Nazir back in the fold (Y)
8-)

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Maybe he was holding back but Bond looked ordinary in ICL.
Still looked the best bowler I've seen in domestic cricket this year, to be honest. He's managed to stay free of injury for over a year, which is extremely impressive for him.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Bond won't be back to test cricket. Even before he signed with the ICL, he was indicating he was likely to retire from test cricket anyway, due to the extra stress on his body. Tuffey would be a handy inclusion though.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Surely we'd be tempting the injury gods a little too dangerously if, say, we had Oram and Bond all in the same team? We'd finish the game with a batting line-up of only eight after the gods, in all their fury, directed a Sharma bouncer into Flynn's teeth again after already knocking Oram and Bond out through various knee/back/pinky finger complaints.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
So, if Bond becomes eligible to represent NZ in test cricket, but refuses to do so, would that put him on par with Mohammad Yousuf wrt money grabbing intentions?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Not when he'd already hinted, prior to ICL, that he was going to retire from test cricket anyway...