• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kane Williamson

DingDong

State Captain
Ignore them Side-Kick, the unfriendly jerks. I understand you.

Is this Kane fella actually any good? Or is he just being hyped up due to his namesake being a famous professional wrestler?
no irish opener he is considered to be better than tendulkar was at that age by the people in the know.

trapol

U19 12th Man
What DingDong??? Better than Tendulkar OMG

If this is some sort of joke that I didnt get due to not being able to get your context online I apologise

But if not pull your head in...if Williamson ends up having 10% the record Tendulkar has i will be more than happy

People in the know???? like you

DingDong

State Captain

If this is some sort of joke that I didnt get due to not being able to get your context online I apologise

But if not pull your head in...if Williamson ends up having 10% the record Tendulkar has i will be more than happy

sorry trapol i was exaggerating a little bit. he probably isnt as good as tendulkar yet but he is really really good. but he's way too young for test cricket just look at what happened to southeee and patel.

Teja.

Global Moderator
no irish opener he is considered to be better than tendulkar was at that age by the people in the know.
Just for the record, SRT had a bunch of match-saving innings by the time he was 19, and when he was of that age, he scored a century in Perth which is regarded by many people as one of the best innings ever on Australian soil. It was during that knock that Merv Hughes famously told Allan Border, "This little prick is going to score more runs than you, AB" and Ian Healy rated him to be the best player he has seen from behind the stumps(That when Sachin was 19). I believe that it was after this innings that Barry Richards first proclaimed Sachin to be the god of cricket. I know Williamson is a brilliant batsman, but no way in the name of sweet heaven is he better than what Sachin was at 19.

Flem274*

123/5
Just for the record, SRT had a bunch of match-saving innings by the time he was 19, and when he was of that age, he scored a century in Perth which is regarded by many people as one of the best innings ever on Australian soil. It was during that knock that Merv Hughes famously told Allan Border, "This little prick is going to score more runs than you, AB" and Ian Healy rated him to be the best player he has seen from behind the stumps(That when Sachin was 19). I believe that it was after this innings that Barry Richards first proclaimed Sachin to be the god of cricket. I know Williamson is a brilliant batsman, but no way in the name of sweet heaven is he better than what Sachin was at 19.
Lol, sorry. :p you shouldn't take DingDong seriously. He's a great barrel of laughs.

R_D

International Debutant

Sir Alex's Tendulkar radar must not be working today..

Side-Kick

Cricket Spectator
kane williamson

So Williamson scored another 100 today, did anyone read the cricinfo story about him. Grant Bradburn thinks he will be NZ's Michael Clarke, and Matt Horne doesn't want him to play for NZ for atleast 2 years.
Now i feel the New Zealand cricket needs to include Kane Williamson now into the Black Caps i dont feel that RossTaylor is doing that well at the moment i think Ross Taylor needs to go away and work on a few things now that spot should be open for Kane Williamson. Iread a coment the other day from former Black Cap international LLorne Howell and he thinks Kane Williamson should atleast replace RossTaylor what do we have to lose we gain as Ross Taylor dosn`t bowl where Kane does.

Side-Kick

Cricket Spectator
kane williamson

Kane WiLLIAMSON is the New Zealand Sachin Tendulker remember how old was Tendulker when he made his debut for India 17 or so and i think its rubbish about the different pitches if you can bat and use your feet and have great hands like Kane Williamson does then you can bat on any wicket its been proven Sachen Tendaulker in 1999 made 100+ in a test match in both innings they doubted him because of the pitches

Howsie

International Captain
Now i feel the New Zealand cricket needs to include Kane Williamson now into the Black Caps i dont feel that RossTaylor is doing that well at the moment i think Ross Taylor needs to go away and work on a few things now that spot should be open for Kane Williamson. Iread a coment the other day from former Black Cap international LLorne Howell and he thinks Kane Williamson should atleast replace RossTaylor what do we have to lose we gain as Ross Taylor dosn`t bowl where Kane does.
Agree with this guy :ph34r: The less Central players in the NZ team the better.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Yes, let's dump our best-performing batsmen of the last two seasons. Brilliant idea. If Llorne Howell really did say that, he's a ****ing idiot.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Llorne Howell is the undisputed authority on NZ cricket matters, to be fair.

One of the greats.

TumTum

Banned
Kane WiLLIAMSON is the New Zealand Sachin Tendulker remember how old was Tendulker when he made his debut for India 17 or so and i think its rubbish about the different pitches if you can bat and use your feet and have great hands like Kane Williamson does then you can bat on any wicket its been proven Sachen Tendaulker in 1999 made 100+ in a test match in both innings they doubted him because of the pitches
1. Please learn how to use fullstops
2. Who is "Sachin Tendulker" and "Sachen Tendaulker"?
3. Tendulkar never made 2 centuries in a Test match

Last edited:

Side-Kick

Cricket Spectator
re Kane Williamson

Hey hows it going just wondering what your thoughts are about Kane Williamson do you think he should be in the black caps. Ido i think he is ready maybe he can replace RossTaylor for the moment Taylor is not in any form at all