• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Australian Domestic Season Thread 2009/2010

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Right, didn't know that. Nice that SA developed a player and have kept him instead of doing something like helping Harris put on 20Km/h and then shafting him.
Yeah, usually I get a bit ****ty when players leave NSW and then start playing out of their skins, but I'm really happy for Christian. When he played for New South Wales he hardly ever got a bowl, and despite being our leading OD run-scorer he didn't get a look-in in the Shield.. then he wasn't offered a contract at all for the following season; it was an absolute joke. I always maintained he should be getting a lot more of a bowl (I was calling for him to replace Lambert and bat seven in the Shield) so it's particularly satisfying to see the ground his bowling has made with SA.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Scuderi is still coaching the Italian team, I believe. A bloke who plays in Melbourne has played for them for the past couple of years, was saying that Scuderi is a hard taskmaster.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, usually I get a bit ****ty when players leave NSW and then start playing out of their skins, but I'm really happy for Christian. When he played for New South Wales he hardly ever got a bowl, and despite being our leading OD run-scorer he didn't get a look-in in the Shield.. then he wasn't offered a contract at all for the following season; it was an absolute joke. I always maintained he should be getting a lot more of a bowl (I was calling for him to replace Lambert and bat seven in the Shield) so it's particularly satisfying to see the ground his bowling has made with SA.
Just happy he's playing here. SA, for many years, has had the rep of throwing away promising players to other states who then make a point of bashing them. NSW has done it too, of course, but geez SA doesn't have quite the same talent pool to back up the losses. Guys like Bevvo, Berry, Miller and Alley might have proven handy for SA in the 90's had they stayed here.

Top_Cat

Scuderi is still coaching the Italian team, I believe. A bloke who plays in Melbourne has played for them for the past couple of years, was saying that Scuderi is a hard taskmaster.
Yeah, had a rep as an intense character but I didn't personally see it.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
The thing that really surprised me about Christian when he was in NSW, was the fact he hardly got a bowl playing for NSW 2nds. There were games that he was captain and he didn't bowl himself. Greg Mail bowled more then him at times.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Hopes would have to be in front of him for it, selectors may have messed around picking a few guys like him for a waste of time One Day series when we had a stack of injuries
Hopes is not international T20 material TBH. He is one of those batsmen that needs a few balls to get in & even then he is not that much of hitter. Plus his bowling in that format would turn into a satellite.

Just a solid enough ODI player.

but I can't see Henriques making the final cut.
It depends. The selectors clearly have him in their thoughts, as i said i think he & Christian is potentially battling for the same spot.

brockley said:
dave hussey is out of form as is cameron white.
Maybe, but they still are pretty must picks in the T20. Would back them to step it up come the world cup..

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Lol Bird. :) :(

Still don't think any more of Christian than a good lower-order hitter and top fielder fwiw. Don't rate his bowling.

Simon

Hopes is not international T20 material TBH. He is one of those batsmen that needs a few balls to get in & even then he is not that much of hitter. Plus his bowling in that format would turn into a satellite.

Just a solid enough ODI player.
Agree but I'm pretty sure the selectors don't.
TBH though Hopes has a pretty average domestic T20 record but this season he's done well, been impressed with his batting. Problem is though he won't get a chance anywhere near the top order for Australia like he does for the Bulls.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Nathan Bracken is back for NSW! Hope he takes a game before he gets back into the swing of things.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah probs. A 15 man squad was named -
Moises Henriques (capt), Aaron Bird, Nathan Bracken, Phillip Hughes, Phil Jaques, Grant Lambert, Usman Khawaja, Stephen O'Keefe, Ben Rohrer, Steven Smith, Dwayne Smith, Dan Smith, Mitchell Starc, Dominic Thornely, David Warner.

Bird is free to play if selected.

Top_Cat

redbacks very sloppy in warm-ups, not looking very sharp. Hoping they're just very relaxed!