• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Australian Domestic Season Thread 2009/2010

brockley

International Captain
Cricket australia has dumped the cricket australia cup and replaced it with a under -23 comp,dunno if it will keep the same name.
Will make it much harder for over 23 players to make the cut now.
BTW wa chasing adam gilchrist for big bash.
Tom moody poured cold water over a justin langer comeback and backed marcus north as captain.
State contracts in friday next week.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket australia has dumped the cricket australia cup and replaced it with a under -23 comp,dunno if it will keep the same name.
Will make it much harder for over 23 players to make the cut now.
BTW wa chasing adam gilchrist for big bash.
Tom moody poured cold water over a justin langer comeback and backed marcus north as captain.
State contracts in friday next week.
Comets team will be almost exactly the same just without Mark Higgs. Thats if we even have a team in it.

brockley

International Captain
No word yet if their will be a canbera side in it,so all the canberra players under 23 then.
I think some states should really struggle in this,NSW and victoria should come out on top i think.
On canberra comets honestly i don't think cricket australia has a plan.
Last i heard they may play in the big bash but that never eventuated.
Probably won't know the structure to the season starts.
The canberr acomets website is pretty crap tho.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No word yet if their will be a canbera side in it,so all the canberra players under 23 then.
I think some states should really struggle in this,NSW and victoria should come out on top i think.
On canberra comets honestly i don't think cricket australia has a plan.
Last i heard they may play in the big bash but that never eventuated.
Probably won't know the structure to the season starts.
The canberr acomets website is pretty crap tho.
ACT cricket has no plan fullstop. Outside of planning for the annual PM's XI and putting all their effort into getting a test here in 2013 theres nothing.
It's amazing the good players the place has produced in the past few years considering the set up.

brockley

International Captain
Home About the ACA About FICA Contact Us Ask Us

Keyword Search:

General Information
Membership Information

Career and Welfare

ACA Masters

Anti Doping Policy

News

News Archives

Downloads

Licensing

Events

Players

ACA Community Involvement

Links

Employment Opportunities

ACA Members Only
Members Login

Member Communication

State Contracting Timeline announced

Following the signing of a Heads of Agreement on a new two-year MOU between Cricket Australia and the Australian Cricketer’s Association, current and future male players are advised of the State contracting timeline for season 2009/10.
The contracting timeline has been condensed somewhat from previous years due to the delay in CA and the ACA agreeing to terms on the new MOU.

Should any player be unsure as to this process or wish to discuss any aspect of it, please contact ACA Manager Cricket Operations and Membership Peter Roach on (03) 9828 0700.

Thursday, 4 June 2009
CA announces State Retainer Pool amount.

Friday, 12 June 2009
Each State Association to have offered 1st Round contracts (including retainer amounts) to all required players who were contracted by that State in the previous year. States to have informed players who will not be offered 1st Round contracts by this date.

Wednesday, 17 June 2009 (close of business)
Round 1 Transfer Pool nominations close – all uncontracted players (ie those delisted, those with contracts expiring 30 June and those uncontracted players wanting to change States) are eligible to nominate.

Wednesday, 17 June 2009
CA advises all States & ACA of those players who have nominated for the Transfer Pool

Friday, 26 June 2009
Each State Association must have entered into;

(i) between 14 and 20 State Player Contracts; and

(ii) between 3 and 8 Rookie Contracts

Note: States may re-contract current squad members, any players from the Transfer Pool and Uncontracted players from that State’s club system.

Monday, 29 June 2005
Each State must have lodged complete copies of signed letter of offer with CA

Tuesday, 30 June 2005
CA release lists of first round contracted State & Rookie players

Wednesday, 1 July 2009 (close of business)
Round 2 Transfer Pool nominations close – all players who were in the Round 1 Transfer Pool but did not receive / accept contracts in the 1st round are automatically nominated unless CA is notified otherwise. Any other players who were not in the Round 1 Transfer Pool but want to be considered for a player contract must nominate by this date.

Wednesday, 1 July 2009
CA advises all States & ACA of those players in the Round 2 Transfer Pool

Friday, 3 July 2009
Second round of contracts ie 16-20 State Contracts and 3-8 Rookie contracts.

States must have committed a minimum of 95% of their retainer pool by this date.

Note: States may contract additional State or Rookie players from Transfer Pool and Uncontracted players from that State’s club system.

Monday, 6 July 2009
States must have lodged with CA complete copies of the original letters of offer

Tuesday, 7 July 2009
CA will notify each State and the ACA of the updated list of names of all contacted players

Tuesday, 7 July 2009
CA will confirm to the ACA that each State has committed at least 95% of the Retainer Pool in contract retainers and provide ACA with details of all individual player contract amounts.

brockley

International Captain
No more news yet WA has a 18 man squad,15 training together,3 overseas doropoulos,noffke and voges,dunno the other 15.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Got my hands on a certain tranfer pool...

Ryan Carters - ACT
Ed Cowan - NSW
Matthew Day - NSW
Adam Maher - NSW
Ashley Noffke - QLD
Aaron Nye - QLD
Chadd Sayers - SA
Dane Anderson - TAS
David Dawson - TAS
Michael Dighton - TAS
Mark Divin - TAS
Chris Duval - TAS
Adam Crosthwaite - VIC
Peter Dickson - VIC
Andrew Kent - VIC
Tim Ludeman - VIC
Arron Crawford - WA
Paul Davis - WA

brockley

International Captain
Whoa deighton and crossthwaite could be 2 good pick ups.
Any moves for the vics vic.
BTW jack if the comets came into the 20/20 comp next year would you move to canberra.

Andre

International Regular
Anyone know if there is much truth to the rumour of Adam Crosthwaite coming to NSW? I know he thought about it for last summer but didn't want to get in the way of his brother potentially getting the NSW keeping gig.

Dighton would be a great get for either Qld or WA. He was originally from WA so might just end up going home. Crawford would be potentially handy for Qld.