• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC removes Yousuf from test rankings

HMas

U19 12th Man
but not from ODIs. Does it means that ICC allowes ICL players in ODIs or they did not wanted Yousuf to be # 1 test batsmen since Chanderpaul lost points and went below Yousuf who had 882 points.

ICC-CRICKETRANKINGS.COM

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I see Marlon Samuels is still there ............................................

obviously what he did wasn't as bad as playing ICL ....................

what was his sin again? - can't have been as serious as I thought

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I see Marlon Samuels is still there ............................................

Giving out team information.

However, goocheslamb on the spot.

ICC Ratings site said:
How do you decide who is or isn't included in the list?

Players have to have appeared in a match within the qualifying period to appear in the lists (normally 12-15 months for Tests, 6-12 months for ODIs). For example, Anil Kumble disappeared from the ratings lists for a while in 2001 because he hadn't played a Test for over a year, but he reappeared as soon as he played his next Test. If a player confirms his retirement he is also removed from the list. So, for example, Darren Gough was removed from the Test ratings in August 2003 (though he remained in the ODI list because he hadn't retired from that form of the game). Players are in the rankings as soon as they complete a match. However, we only publish the top 100 players (at most), so it can take several matches for a player to break into that.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member

Samuels is only banned temporarily, no?

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Are you posting this to get a reaction or just stupid?
Actually it was the irrelevant third option “made a mistake/was labouring under a misapprehension”

Not convinced the gratuitous insult was necessary, particularly from a global moderator, but hey ho ………………..