• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lonwabo Tsotsobe

Precambrian

Banned
Lonwabo Lopsy Tsotsobe.
Born March 7, 1984, Port Elizabeth

Cricinfo - Players and Officials - Lonwabo Tsotsobe

I absolutely adore this new talent. And I feel he is going to be a superb foil for Steynjie in the future. I love his application, self belief and willingness to put in the hard yards.

What are your thoughts on him?

NB - He's just been awarded Central Contract by Cricket South Africa. Way to go!

Langeveldt

Soutie
Yeah he's a good oke, nice to have a local boy from an unfashionable part of the country make it big.. Wish him every success.. Takes stacks of wickets down here and always plays with a smile on his face

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Don't know a great deal about him yet TBH. Might be able to offer an opinion on him once I do.

jondavluc

State Regular
Yeah he looks pretty good on paper and he did perform well against the Aussie team to show some promise.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Played for Sussex 2nd XI last year so we're keeping a keen eye on his progress on the South Coast.

With a name like Lopsy to his credit, he's surely destined for great things.

Something_Fishy

School Boy/Girl Captain
Will take 300 wickets in both formats of the game (if ODIs will be played for long enough). Seriously, he's got the potential, and the mental capacity. I like him. Good luck, I say.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Tsotsobe is without doubt a bowler for the future. His left arm bowling action is very smooth, he gets good shape on the ball and he genuinely looks like he is enjoying the game.

Hope he makes a big international career from his talents. Cricket is always better off with personalities like Tsotsobe playing the game.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If I was feeling uncharitable I'd say "thank-you for that valuable piece of information"... but I'm not so I won't.

Briony

International Debutant
If anything, he's got a cool name. Better than a stereotypical name like 'Graeme Smith'

Yes GS has the most boring name in world cricket.

I was impressed with him in the Perth ODI, he's very tall and his action looks good, much better than Ntini's and less jerky than Morkel's. Do people think he'll displace Morne Morkel in the team soon? If not he's bound to replace Ntini when he retires or fill in when injuries occur. Only disappointing thing is that he doesn't appear to be able to hold a bat. It's interesting that SA used to be renowned for its tail but now after Boucher there's not really a lot even if the likes of Steyn showed some ticker during the recent series in Australia.

Precambrian

Banned

I was impressed with him in the Perth ODI, he's very tall and his action looks good, much better than Ntini's and less jerky than Morkel's. Do people think he'll displace Morne Morkel in the team soon? If not he's bound to replace Ntini when he retires or fill in when injuries occur. Only disappointing thing is that he doesn't appear to be able to hold a bat. It's interesting that SA used to be renowned for its tail but now after Boucher there's not really a lot even if the likes of Steyn showed some ticker during the recent series in Australia.
:confused: Allan Donald?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag

Ian Smith disagrees.

shivfan

Banned
Interesting to see him getting a central contract, while there was none for Nel....

Is this the end of Gunther's international career?

Tsotsobe was very good in the last ODI in Australia. He's leapfrogged Zondeki in the pecking order as a result....

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member

No. Lopsy as you say is ready to take Ntini's place whilst Morne's comp should come from CJ de Villiers.