• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well, there goes the impossible dream for SA you'd have to think, shades of the start of day 5 in the 1st test

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
(y) Moobs

Our bowling attack really isn't in that bad a shape if Johnson & Siddle stay fit. They do need some genuine wicket taking support though.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Phillip Hughes was just described as a bowler on the onscreen team list. Bloody hell, If he's a bowling all-rounder he must be awesome. I'll back him to come on and take 5 :sleep:

Top_Cat

Good lord, who honestly thought SA were in with a show here? Get your logic chips checked or re-installed perhaps. Seriously.

Zinzan

Phillip Hughes was just described as a bowler on the onscreen team list. Bloody hell, If he's a bowling all-rounder he must be awesome. I'll back him to come on and take 5 :sleep:
When was the last time in a series you remember Australia having only 3 players over 30 years. In recent years, they've been lucky to have 2-3 under 30

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Australia look to have this game set, bar some late order fight from the South Africans.

Really need to sort the catching situation out. Ridiculous that two fine fielders in North and Clarke shell very simple catches. It makes such a huge difference with an undermanned bowling attack that every catch is taken. It is no longer a guarantee that every edge will be pounced upon, which at this level is not acceptable for professional cricketers.

oldmancraigy

U19 12th Man
(y) Moobs

Our bowling attack really isn't in that bad a shape if Johnson & Siddle stay fit. They do need some genuine wicket taking support though.
I reckon you're right.

Bollinger in for Hilfenhaus wouldn't hurt - OR even McGain in for Hilfenhaus.

Not rating the 'Haus - I thought he was dreadful in the 1-dayers in Aus, and has been average in the test arena to date.

I don't understand what's going on with him - at 140kph+ bowling outswing, one might think he'd have more success... (see Steyn, Dale.)

Matt79

Global Moderator
Australia look to have this game set, bar some late order fight from the South Africans.

Really need to sort the catching situation out. Ridiculous that two fine fielders in North and Clarke shell very simple catches. It makes such a huge difference with an undermanned bowling attack that every catch is taken. It is no longer a guarantee that every edge will be pounced upon, which at this level is not acceptable for professional cricketers.
Clarke, like Ponting, is an excellent fielder who's worked hard to turn themselves into a slip. Our infield fielding has declined because we've been forced to move them there, and they are not real replacements for excellent natural slips like Taylor, Mark Waugh, Warne and Hayden.

Slips are now our biggest fielding liability.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Hughes
Katich
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
North
Haddin
Watson
Johnson
Clark
Siddle

for the Ashes imo. As in, who the selectors will probs go with.