• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Andy Flower and Henry Olonga

Craig

World Traveller
I wasnt around for this, but during Andy Flower's and Henry Olonga's stance against the Zimbabwean government, were people supporting their stances'? I am judging that my people signatures.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
They most certainly were, yes!

Became true heros of Cricketweb (search the World Cup forums and look for the Man of the Tournament thread)

Craig

World Traveller
I thought that was the case. And some where supporting the protestors against the regime, although there could of been a better outlets then at the cricket?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
You've hit the nail on the head, Craig.

We all sent Henry messages of encouragement and the like - he replied thanking us etc etc - and many of us felt that the tour shouldn't have taken place at all.

However, seeing as the tour DID take place, we felt that it should go off peacefully with plenty of protests outside the grounds but not interfering with the game itself - pretty well as it happened with just one or two exceptions.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I think all the Zim players supported their cause, but they wanted to keep their careers in Zim cricket intact so they kept quiet...
Certainly everyone i know supports them, guess most people in Zim do as well...