• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Team Draft - ODI edition

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
A spin-off on the Test Version, only as the title suggests, this is for ODI Cricket.
Basically we take it in turns on picking your best possible All Time ODI XI.

I'm going to limit this to 12 people at this stage, I think we'll get some interesting teams with that amount.

The rules are below, very similar to Pskov's, hope you don't mind Pskov. :)

Rules

1. The draft order will be randomly determined by a generator, then proceed in serpentine fashion e.g. say there were three teams drafting, in odd rounds the order would be A, B, C then in the even rounds C, B, A (with team C picking twice in a row). This removes the advantage of some teams always picking earlier.

2. Any player who played in an officially recognised ODI is eligible.

3. Teams will be composed of 12 players selected on the basis of a ODI side to play in any conditions, against any opposition, anywhere in the world. At the end you can determine which player misses out on the final XI..

4. There will be no time limit to make your pick at first but I may implement one at some stage if the majority of participants want to speed up the process. Either way, if you join this you should be able to check the thread and pick at least once a day and ideally much more often. If someone does take too long and there is a general consensus then a drafter can have their pick skipped and will just have to make it up whenever they do turn up.

5. There will also be a concurrent draft for the home ground which will be in reverse order of the player draft. This will be used for any sim that may take place. i.e. If we do a county championship style play everyone home and away league format then the ground you draft will be your home pitch.

6. At the conclusion of the poll, everyone will have the option of emailing me the 3 best teams in order and each team will get 3,2,1 points. After a certain time frame of approximately a week, the points will be added and we'll have a winner on who has the best team. Members who are not participating can also vote - emails to be sent to its_rob_bowen@hotmail.com .

7. Any other rules which may become necessary will be added here as they come up.

Post below to register interest!

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
6 spots filled, 6 to go.

Dazza will you be online daily for this? Everyone else are regulars.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'll have a go, but there's a much smaller pool of quality players available in this. May end up with a few shockers being selected.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Is everyone happy enough with this rule?

Rule 6 - At the conclusion of the poll, everyone will have the option of emailing me the 3 best teams in order and each team will get 3,2,1 points. After a certain time frame of approximately a week, the points will be added and we'll have a winner on who has the best team. Members who are not participating can also vote - emails to be sent to its_rob_bowen@hotmail.com .

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Participants
NUFAN
Goughy
Jamee999
Dazza_20
G.I.Joe
Matt79
Simon
Weldone
ozone
pskov
HeathDavisSpeed
GeraintIsMyHero

I'm going to allow one final person as a reserve just in case someone backs out.
Will do the randomizer in a minute and start voting straight away.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
The order
1 ozone
2 NUFAN
3 Weldone
4 pskov
5 Simon
6 G.I.Joe
7 Matt79
8 Goughy
9 GeraintIsMyHero