• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Expecting West Indies to steal one here. Nash will stick around for either a Chanderpaul/Sarwan or Gayle special and the West Indian quicks will embarrass the Pom's in one match.

English attack isn't at its best besides a few key components. Expect Chanderpaul to get out once in the series.
Has James Franklyn at 135 kmph bouncer attack showed, Solid little Nashy seems to have a genuiene weakness againts short-pitched bowling.

Expecting Freddie & Co to rough him up.

pup11

International Coach
For me if the Windies could play with some good intensity they might just test the Poms but otherwise they could get outclassed pretty horribly, Edwards, Taylor and Powell all would need to show plenty of discipline and Bravo' comeback should also help West Indian cause, but the English side have an edge over them as far as bowling goes but batting wise both are pretty evenly matched, but the fact that the West Indian side wasn't able to beat the rebuilding NZ side recently really doesn't speak too highly about where they stand atm in test cricket.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Has James Franklyn at 135 kmph bouncer attack showed, Solid little Nashy seems to have a genuiene weakness againts short-pitched bowling.

Not exactly. Got worked over down here and survived it.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Does anybody rate Xavier Marshall in any shape or form?
Nope, and never yet have.

On another note, I spotted the other day that Daren Powell is putting-up quite some challenge to Mohammad Sami as worst seam-bowler to take 50 Test wickets.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member

On another note, I spotted the other day that Daren Powell is putting-up quite some challenge to Mohammad Sami as worst seam-bowler to take 50 Test wickets.
Yea WI are clearly carrying him since the have no-one better to go too. Its really disappoiting that Collymore & Collins (especially) can't play for WI anymore or unless the Kolpak rules changes. Since an attack of Collins/Taylor/Edwards/Bravo is pretty solid.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Didn't quite get you there son..
He means that to get into the squad, Nash had to score runs in domestic cricket, in which most of our fast bowlers are appreciably faster than Franklyn it is fair to say.

He is pretty decent against pace IMHO, he was just done in by some really well directed short ones in that particular innings.

Jigga988

State 12th Man

They will definitely try and use the bouncer against Nash, but Nash seems like the type of charecter that would realise that he was poor against the bouncer and work on it till he can duck it well and safely or play a competent pull stroke.

Jigga988

State 12th Man
Roseboy, do you know if Lara will play in Carib-beer cup again, i know he played in it last year before ICL and did well. Is he still injured???

Craig

World Traveller

And if you get under his skin, he will lose the plot straight away.

Athlai

Not Terrible

Seemed to have enjoyed most short pitched stuff actually and Franklin was slower than that. O'Brien wasn't however.

Full at his stumps IMO.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
England's test squad for the WI should be pretty simple in my opinion. All this Vaughan talk is straight wack yo. Of course we all would love to have him back in the side but picking him aint the right choice, it seems like the selectors are afraid to entrust Shah into the test side for some weird reason.

Hope the talk that Denly could be picked is ligit though, big fan of the youth. Also hope Mascarenhas is back in the ODI set-up instead of Wright.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
England's test squad for the WI should be pretty simple in my opinion. All this Vaughan talk is straight wack yo. Of course we all would love to have him back in the side but picking him aint the right choice, it seems like the selectors are afraid to entrust Shah into the test side for some weird reason.

Hope the talk that Denly could be picked is ligit though, big fan of the youth. Also hope Mascarenhas is back in the ODI set-up instead of Wright.
Anyone know what time the squads are announced?

Penguinissimo

U19 12th Man
Anyone know what time the squads are announced?
1pm. Here are my predictions:

Test (17): KP, Strauss, Cook, Bell, Shah, Vaughan, Colly, Flintoff, Prior, Ambrose, Broad, Harmison, Anderson, Sidebottom, Khan, Panesar, Swann.

ODI (16): KP, Bopara, Bell, Denly, Shah, Colly, Cook, Flintoff, Patel, Mascherenhas, Prior, Swann, Broad, Harmison, Anderson, Sidebottom.

And my preferred XIs from those squads:

Test: Cook, Strauss, Vaughan, KP, Colly, Flintoff, Prior, Broad, Swann, Sidebottom, Harmison

ODI: Bopara, Denly, Shah, KP, Colly, Flintoff, Patel, Mascherenhas, Prior, Broad, Sidebottom, Harmison

And if I could have one Christmas cricketing wish - drop Bell from both squad. Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease.