• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Simon Katich Appreciation Society - Kat Is King

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I think it's about time this underrated hard working generally all round great bloke got his own thread.

From bashing down the door, to chicken pox, to being unfairly dropped, to saving Waugh's final series, struggling in England, his dropping from the Test side, battling his way through ODIs until finally being discarded, to breaking Australian domestic records and finally being recalled and cementing his place in the new role of opener.

To some, not the prettiest to watch at the crease, but I certainly like watching him bat. Like it was said recently, ugly can be beautiful.

Simon Mathew Katich, I salute you.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Love him. Like the idea that he doesn't do any more than he has to. Just hits the ball to the boundary, no fuss.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Best designer stubble in world cricket.

Only competition is Zaheer, and he tends to let his get a bit long at times.

S.P. Fleming

U19 Cricketer
Yea one of the few guys in the Aussie team that I actually respect. A hardworking batsman who has made a technique to suit him. Would make a fine Australian captain, has a great cricketing mind.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Decent tweaker to boot.
Haha, now let's not go nuts.

Myself, have been a fan since I saw him score 80-odd against SA in a domestic OD'er years and years ago. Defended him to the death for a long time here so glad to see he's doing well. Personally, I think he's a stylish player, just not in the same way as others. His cuts and drives are as good as anyone's I reckon.

Gee, he's looking good today too.

pup11

International Coach
Katto has always been gun, just a shame that it took the world so long to realise it...