• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket team draft

Jakester1288

International Regular

Richie Benaud

Handy cricketer, 248 wickets @ 27.03 and 2201 runs @ 24.45 as well.

Dunno why I want 2 spinners though.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Richie Benaud

Handy cricketer, 248 wickets @ 27.03 and 2201 runs @ 24.45 as well.

Dunno why I want 2 spinners though.
good choice actually, was thinking Richie as my number 7 batsman/5th bowler, but his batting average is a bit too low for a number 7, but I guess he played in an time when that would have been good enough.

Jakester1288

International Regular
good choice actually, was thinking Richie as my number 7 batsman/5th bowler, but his batting average is a bit too low for a number 7, but I guess he played in an time when that would have been good enough.
Will probably run with Vettori at 7 to be honest, Healy at 6. That may be a bit high for Healy, but oh well.

Simon

sounds like a long tail, if I were you Id go more with
7 Benaud
8 Healy
9 Vettori
2 quicks

and get some more batsmen, obviously totally up to you though.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
sounds like a long tail, if I were you Id go more with
7 Benaud
8 Healy
9 Vettori
2 quicks

and get some more batsmen, obviously totally up to you though.
The Interesting thing is that you've got to include Hadlee too, soo we've now got 3 bowlers and a keeper all averaging in the 20s, so it'll make the tail long.

My problem has been that Trueman, Walsh and Laker aren't very capable batsman.

Simon

The Interesting thing is that you've got to include Hadlee too, soo we've now got 3 bowlers and a keeper all averaging in the 20s, so it'll make the tail long.

My problem has been that Trueman, Walsh and Laker aren't very capable batsman.
depending on how he does it Benaud, Vettori, Hadlee and other is a very capable tail in that a bottom four with very good batting capabilities, or if he's batting them too high combined with Healy it's a long tail in that that he could potentially have a number 6 averaging in the 20's.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
depending on how he does it Benaud, Vettori, Hadlee and other is a very capable tail in that a bottom four with very good batting capabilities, or if he's batting them too high combined with Healy it's a long tail in that that he could potentially have a number 6 averaging in the 20's.
Yep. There is no way I would have any of them as my number 6. Vettori was the only negative choice IMO, can't see him doing much with bat or ball against other World XI sides.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Mike Procter.

Heath or Jamee, could you use that document for my next pick but ignore Macartney. :)

Matt79

Global Moderator
*****! I'd just decided he was my next pick. Only played a few tests so his test bowling average of 16 IIRC has to be taken with a grain of salt, but an average <20 in over 400 First Class games suggests that he had the goods to be a dominant fast bowler over the journey if South Africa hadn't been drummed out - maybe would have ended up tied with Donald as SA's best ever.

Plus he was a very decent batsman to boot.

*****. :)

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Surprised its taken so long for Mike Proctor to be picked. I thought of picking him in the second round itself, but then his sample size is too small.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Code:
1.01 chaminda_00 - Muttiah Muralitharan
1.02 G.I. Joe - Don Bradman
1.03 NUFAN - Gary Sobers
1.04 HeathDavisSpeed - Curtly Ambrose
1.05 Somerset - Shane Warne
1.06 Jakester1288 - Richard Hadlee
1.07 Jamee999 - Malcom Marshall
1.08 Raghav - Wasim Akram
1.09 Simon - Adam Gilchrist
1.10 Matt79 - Imran Khan
1.11 Michaelf7777777 - Keith Miller
1.12 morgieb - Viv Richards
1.13 pskov - Jack Hobbs

2.01 pskov - Glenn McGrath
2.02 morgieb - Dennis Lillee
2.03 Michaelf7777777 - Alan Davidson
2.04 Matt79 - Bill O'Reilly
2.05 Simon - Clarrie Grimmett
2.06 Raghav - Alan Border
2.07 Jamee999 - Joel Garner
2.08 Jakester1288 - Brian Lara
2.09 Somerset - George Headley
2.10 HeathDavisSpeed - Frank Tyson
2.11 NUFAN - Fred Trueman
2.12 G.I. Joe - Shane Bond
2.13 chaminda_00 - Kumar Sangakarra

3.01 chaminda_00 - Jacques Kallis
3.02 G.I. Joe - Clyde Walcott
3.03 NUFAN - Sachin Tendulkar
3.04 HeathDavisSpeed - Graeme Pollock
3.05 Somerset - Andy Flower
3.06 Jakestar1288 - Mike Hussey
3.07 Jamee999 - Ken Barrington
3.08 Raghav - Mark Boucher
3.09 Simon - Herbert Sutcliffe
3.10 Matt79 - Wally Hammond
3.11 Michaelf7777777 - Les Ames
3.12 morgieb - Kapil Dev
3.13 pskov - Shaun Pollock

4.01 pskov - Michael Holding
4.02 morgieb - Sunil Gavaskar
4.03 Michaelf7777777 - Hedley Verity
4.04 Matt79 - Waqar Younis
4.05 Simon - Ray Lindwall
4.06 Raghav - Anil Kumble
4.07 Jamee999 - Allan Donald
4.08 Jakester1288 - Ian Healy
4.09 Somerset - Ian Botham
4.10 HeathDavisSpeed - Peter Pollock
4.11 NUFAN - Courtney Walsh
4.12 G.I. Joe - Colin Croft
4.13 chaminda_00 - Len Hutton

5.01 chaminda_00 -Ian Bishop
5.02 G.I. Joe - Andy Roberts
5.03 NUFAN - Jim Laker
5.04 HeathDavisSpeed - Johnny Wardle
5.05 Somerset - Sir Everton Weekes
5.06 Jakester1288 - Daniel Vettori
5.07 Jamee999 - Ricky Ponting
5.08 Raghav - Mohammad Yousuf
5.09 Simon - Javed Miandad
5.10 Matt79 - Greg Chappell
5.11 Michaelf7777777 - Barry Richards
5.12 morgieb - Matthew Hayden
5.13 pskov - Steve Waugh

6.01 pskov - Denis Compton
6.02 morgieb -
6.03 Michaelf7777777 - Frank Worrell
6.04 Matt79 - Neil Harvey
6.05 Simon - Wes Hall
6.06 Raghav - 
6.07 Jamee999 - Geoffrey Boycott
6.08 Jakester1288 - Richie Benaud
6.09 Somerset - Mike Procter
6.10 HeathDavisSpeed - 
6.11 NUFAN - 
6.12 G.I. Joe - 
6.13 chaminda_00 -
Heath is up. Morgie and Raghav still need to pick as well.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I hate you all you ****s, last 15 out 18 players where all my list. Everyone except the spinner Wardle, Larker and Vettori. Still got a coupel bats I want, but no bowlers left. Need to do some my reaserch for the millionth time.

Jakester1288

International Regular
I grabbed my bowlers early, and now I get to pick batsmen for the rest of it. Maybe an extra quick in there if needed, but doubt I will.

Matt79

Global Moderator
I hate you all you ****s, last 15 out 18 players where all my list. Everyone except the spinner Wardle, Larker and Vettori. Still got a coupel bats I want, but no bowlers left. Need to do some my reaserch for the millionth time.
:beer: ?

Matt79

Global Moderator
There are some monster teams forming up here. People have been rightfully pointing at Jamee's, and some even kind enough to mention my own, but Somerset, Simon and Michaelf77777's are shaping up very nicely indeed, and Morgeib will probably end up rueing not taking his picks when he had the chance, as what he has picked to date has been top notch.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Gone for balance myself rather the superstars. Hopefully it comes good in the last couple picks though, there is one area I'm quite worried about though having Kallis might help that pick.

Got a good opener, decent middle order (which should have depth), out and out quick and strike spinner. Just need a steady seamer and top line middle order bat this round and we should look decent.

Though I go think others might be well ahead at present.