• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Symonds this time crosses the line

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Given that Symonds has already produced a volume of ghosted autobiography as recently as 2006 it is difficult to see what this new one can have to offer other than an account of his various recent stints spent on the naughty chair outside the headmaster's office

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
If everytime something controversial happens in a cricketers career he is going to go and write a book wonder how many Ganguly should have had by now and even Harbhajan? I think Sreesanth needs to make up for time lost :dry:

Precambrian

Banned
If everytime something controversial happens in a cricketers career he is going to go and write a book wonder how many Ganguly should have had by now and even Harbhajan? I think Sreesanth needs to make up for time lost :dry:
Perhaps it is that autobiographies don't have the same market in India as overseas.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Perhaps it is that autobiographies don't have the same market in India as overseas.
Cricket books dont have a market PERIOD.

I went looking for books by Neville Cardus on the Indian book stores on the net. I found just one copy of one book, in a bookstore in Delhi. I have lived in Delhi for 35 years and I had that book taken from me by a friend and fellow cricketer (we played for the same club for over a decade with him going on to play everything except Test matches) and never returned.

I am very keen to go to that store and see if it is my copy for it will have my signatures. :)

PS : Of course I bought the book again many years later but it was a great regret since I had bought a set of four Cardus books published as a set from the Lord's bookshop when I first visited Lord's in 1983.

Precambrian

Banned
Cricket books dont have a market PERIOD.

I went looking for books by Neville Cardus on the Indian book stores on the net. I found just one copy of one book, in a bookstore in Delhi. I have lived in Delhi for 35 years and I had that book taken from me by a friend and fellow cricketer (we played for the same club for over a decade with him going on to play everything except Test matches) and never returned.

I am very keen to go to that store and see if it is my copy for it will have my signatures. :)

PS : Of course I bought the book again many years later but it was a great regret since I had bought a set of four Cardus books published as a set from the Lord's bookshop when I first visited Lord's in 1983.
Agree. We seriously have a lot of "casual" fans who pass of as "hardcore" ones. Fairweather ones with zero attention span.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Agree. We seriously have a lot of "casual" fans who pass of as "hardcore" ones. Fairweather ones with zero attention span.
Thats right and its worse. We now get our understanding of the game from the idiots from the electronic news channels. Cricket illiteracy is a serious problem in India but BCCI couldn't care less. It is easy to sell crap to those who cant tell the difference.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Haha, this is such a stretch guys. If you want to complain about Australian players go ahead, but at least stick to reality.

The Reality, mate, is that Symonds could have got his point across in a much better manner than go "What kind of country calls their Gods assholes???"..

That is condescending on his part but then again, he seems to be an idiot of the highest order, so I think his opinions mean zilch, at least AFAIC...

Swervy

International Captain
The Reality, mate, is that Symonds could have got his point across in a much better manner than go "What kind of country calls their Gods assholes???"..

That is condescending on his part but then again, he seems to be an idiot of the highest order, so I think his opinions mean zilch, at least AFAIC...
Why is it condescending? Looks like he has just said what he felt.

Or maybe you are another one who has managed/chosen to misunderstand what was said

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Why is it condescending? Looks like he has just said what he felt.

Or maybe you are another one who has managed/chosen to misunderstand what was said
When you start a sentence with "What kind of a country......" it is condescending.. I cannot believe I have to explain that...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah that's a different issue to the earlier one, which was ridiculous.

"What kind of <such-and-such> does <such-and-such>?" WHATEVER the such-and-suchs equate to has negative connotations, and although I don't think I'd make that much of an issue of it, I can see why some people might.