• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Symonds should have ‘walked’: Gilchrist

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah, I realise that. Just wanted to post it in here before someone started a fresh and potentially argumentative thread about it.
Haha :laugh:, that worked.

Can see this probably having to be closed now too. :wacko: In a couple of months' time, when all Gilchrist revelations are complete, we can maybe merge all these threads and re-open.

pup11

International Coach
It's in his boom pup, as far as I know he's not coming out with these statements on a daily basis, just different extracts being released at different points
Yeah i know these are just extracts from his autobiography that the his publishers are conveniently using in hope to warm-up the market before the release of the book, but its really cheap, for a few quick bucks Gilly has stripped of every bit of dignity here, now Gilchrist talks about the spirit of the game and how he holds it in such high regard, but when it comes to selling a book all that goes out of the window, the Ganguly and Harbhajan issue were bad as they were, but debate over Murali's action has been an issue done to death and no matter what one thinks about his action, he has time and again proved his action to be clean in the bio-mechanic tests, so to speak against his action is just stupid.

Now as i said before Gilchirst seems to have had a problem with everyone, whether its his own team-mates or his opponents, and the fact that he still holds grudges against these individuals after even the end of his career just goes own to shown how much of a believer he is about his own theory of "what goes on the field should remain on the field".

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
horse crap......... That defines Gilchrist and his book much better than anything, tbh... :)
Yep, he quite clearly should have just written what we wanted to hear, not what he actually might think for himself, whether we agree with it or not.
Fair and balanced.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yep, he quite clearly should have just written what we wanted to hear, not what he actually might think for himself, whether we agree with it or not.
Fair and balanced.
hey.. he has a right to call something "horse crap" if he feels it was that bad and yet I cant????

Gilly thinks ICC changing rules was horse crap.. I think his views are horse crap.

But quite clearly, I should have just come in and posted what everyone wanted to hear, not what I actually think of it myself, whether you agree with it or not. Fair and balanced.

Top_Cat

hey.. he has a right to call something "horse crap" if he feels it was that bad and yet I cant????

Gilly thinks ICC changing rules was horse crap.. I think his views are horse crap.

But quite clearly, I should have just come in and posted what everyone wanted to hear, not what I actually think of it myself, whether you agree with it or not. Fair and balanced.
Reading too much into what he said, for mine. He never said you weren't entitled to your opinion, just that so is Gilchrist. Don't like the book? Don't buy it. Simple, everybody wins.

I personally think Gilchrist has always been a sanctimonious prat and his views on Murali I find to be pretty grating but, well, I'm not getting worked-up about him selling a book or telling him to STFU like some in this thread and others are.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Reading too much into what he said, for mine. He never said you weren't entitled to your opinion, just that so is Gilchrist. Don't like the book? Don't buy it. Simple, everybody wins.
I don't intend to, anyways.. :) But the thread is about his views and I think his opinions (esp. based on the reasons he gives for them) are horse-crap.....

G.I.Joe

International Coach

scathing :laugh:

Burgey

No mate, of course not. But why the hysteria over what he's saying? Just don't get it. He can say what hew likes, as of course can any of us.
FWIW I do agree with you on the Murali thing anyway, but I do find it interesting when a player like Gilly who didn't have much to say publicly about things when he was playing goes on the record. With other guys like Warne or whoever it's far less interesting IMO coz we've pretty much heard it all before.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
But we have heard it before with Gilchrist - as I said in t'other thread, he said something of this nature in 2002 or 2003 or something. And was, rightly, reprimanded for it. Unlike a Warne, Gilchrist is generally mindful of being fined for saying stuff his contract doesn't permit him to say.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
At my BBQ in June, I hit wicket and refused to walk. The middle stump was at 45 degrees, I said it was already like that and stood my ground. TBF I did genuinely believe I hadn't hit it, or perhaps more accurately, I'd had about 20 pints and forgot about it straight away. I'm a ****ing joke.
Are you related to W.G by any chance?

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wow...Gilly can throw an unbaited hook in the water and still get a thousand bites. Amazing! At least the paper's getting the reaction it wants.