• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2008/09

Polo23

International Debutant
It looks as though Trent Boult will make his debut for ND..it is going to be really interesting to follow his fortunes for ND this season, he has absolutely been carving up in club cricket.

Kane Williamson will also likely play his second FC match after being named in ND's 12 for the game, my guess is Yovich will be 12th man.

18 year old Doug Bracewell will also make his debut for CD. He's a bowling all-rounder and is apparently pretty sharp and very accurate. An interesting article on Dermot Reeve's selections for the first game here: http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/dominionpost/4761797a6033.html

Looks as though Reeve is doing good things for CD down there...hope they do well this season.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Yeah definitely some positive stuff to take out of that, hope they perform well.

Good to see Worker getting some more games as well, am a fan.

Flem274*

123/5
Ingram and Weston in. Yussss. Taranaki (and FDMC for that matter) rules.

Seems Reeve wants to develop a younger team. Hope he doesn't pick a certain young CD youth rep batsman who I won't name (because thats just sad). One of the biggest pricks on the face of the earth, would hate to see him in CD colours. Pretty sure he's an opener though, so odds on he'll be selected for NZ and hit in the head by a bouncer.

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
Hope he doesn't pick a certain young CD youth rep batsman who I won't name (because thats just sad).
I want to know who to know who you're talking about!

I'd predict Jeet Raval will make his debut for the Aces in their next match. 19 years old. He was told this morning that if he scored runs today he'd be in serious contention for a spot. Notched up a reasonably impressive 203 not out.

I also laughed hard at Reeve's comment about Bracewell being mature. He was the only person in NZ 19s less mature than me! And that was debateable.... :laugh:

Polo23

International Debutant
I want to know who to know who you're talking about!

I'd predict Jeet Raval will make his debut for the Aces in their next match. 19 years old. He was told this morning that if he scored runs today he'd be in serious contention for a spot. Notched up a reasonably impressive 203 not out.

I also laughed hard at Reeve's comment about Bracewell being mature. He was the only person in NZ 19s less mature than me! And that was debateable.... :laugh:
I'd also like to know who he's talking about!

Heard big raps on that guy Jeet Raval...though, I think I read somewhere that Auckland have named the same 12 for their next match, if what I read was correct he definitely wont play. Understandable since everyone performed pretty well and they arent going to drop Styris.

Flem274*

123/5
I won't name him. Not my place to disturb his privacy whilst cheaply hiding mine on the net.

I doubt they'l pick Raval whilst McIntosh is on fire and I think Jones is the captain, so if he were to play it could possibly be in the middle order, which I think George Worker has done for CD in the past.

Slightly off topic, but are both of you U-19 reps, or just Jimmy? Have we seen you on TV before? :p

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I can't see how Raval will make the Auckland side for the meantime.

Tim McIntosh has guaranteed himself as one of the openers, Martin Guptill's likely to be back soon and Richard Jones is the captain. (sorry pretty much repeated what Flem said above)

He'll only get in if there's injury...or if Styris gives up on the four-dayers if he doesn't score any runs in the opening few rounds.

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
Yea I was wrong in the end.

A spot was opening up because Hopkins was called over to Aussie. They decided to call up De Boorder though, who's also a great player. I highly rate him.

Flem274*

123/5
If only we had a fast forward button. I'm amazed that, bar Fulton and possibly a few others that have slipped my mind, there seem to be very few batsmen aged between 28-32 that we can have faith in.

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
If only we had a fast forward button. I'm amazed that, bar Fulton and possibly a few others that have slipped my mind, there seem to be very few batsmen aged between 28-32 that we can have faith in.
But the thing about a fast forward button is that you miss all the good moments that you skip past!:laugh:

Polo23

International Debutant
Yea I was wrong in the end.

A spot was opening up because Hopkins was called over to Aussie. They decided to call up De Boorder though, who's also a great player. I highly rate him.
Jeez, how good is my club, HPCC? How many are playing FC cricket?

Andrew De Boorder
Derek De Boorder (before he moved to Otago anyway)
Andy McKay
Colin De Grandhomme
Kyle Mills

And Luke Vivian has played List A cricket..what a club :P

Polo23

International Debutant
Slightly off topic, but are both of you U-19 reps, or just Jimmy? Have we seen you on TV before? :p
Are you talking to me? No, haha...i'm not an U19 rep. I think I might have played against Mr. Neesham at some point in school cricket though, not entirely sure.

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
Jeez, how good is my club, HPCC? How many are playing FC cricket?

Andrew De Boorder
Derek De Boorder (before he moved to Otago anyway)
Andy McKay
Colin De Grandhomme
Kyle Mills

And Luke Vivian has played List A cricket..what a club :P
Martin Guptill
Reece Young
Michael Bates
Tim Lythe (Before he got a CD contract)
Tama Canning (Before he went on a massive bender and moved to Perth):laugh:

8-)

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
I thought Derek De Boorder was still playing, just in a different place. Ditto with Lythe and Canning. :)

Athlai

Not Terrible
The fight for Redmond's spot.

Worker 24
Ingram 37
Watling 21
Merchant 0
(Match at Basin currently delayed due to rain)

Athlai

Not Terrible
Reckon Otago looks a fair bit stronger than the Knights, a few more wickets and the Knights will be really struggling. The Stags are just so damn impressive most of the time, even without their stars they are still formidable.