• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2008/09

Athlai

Not Terrible
Canterbury win despite Williamson and McGlashan tonning up. Good to see all my fave ND players doing well. (Boult incl.)

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Jimmy needing one to get us home off the last ball, does it with aplomb! Classy player, bit disappointed he wasn't in the ODI squad.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Looks like 3 very good games.

All 3 chasing teams made a game of it.
Auckland gave it a good run, but lost wickets at the wrong time.
ND gave it an even better run, 40 needed of 5 with 2 batsman 90-110, but they ended up choking.
Wellington come through with a win of the last ball, needed 4 off the last over, nearly choked.

Diamanti getting a 4fer :o
Franklin 87* in a winning chase.

Atreyu

School Boy/Girl Captain
Went to the CD/Aucks game today. Had a great time. Didn't see much reasoning behind NZC choosing Diamanti over Thompson, but today Diamanti looked a lot better then Thompson, in both Bowling and Batting. I'm looking forward to seeing him in Aussie.

How was How stumped by Tuffey? Keeper must have been standing up to medium pace.
That really was a fantastic bit of Keeping. Didn't think it was out to be honest. How tried to Sweep Tuffey over midwicket but was stumped with a foot in the air.

Lots of "That's a Tuffey" Chants. Also, why is Tuffey nicknamed Milkshake?

Flem274*

123/5
Must say all the U-19s have been bloody awesome. Most of them can still play for the U-19s too can't they?

They've been a bit inconsistent, but at least they haven't been getting owned. Williamson scoring a century against an all time NZ great is excellent news.

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
Also, why is Tuffey nicknamed Milkshake?
Har har har.

Must say all the U-19s have been bloody awesome. Most of them can still play for the U-19s too can't they?
Not U19 anymore: Southee, Boult, Worker, Rutherford
U19 this year, but not for the WC next year: Williamson
U19 for the WC in 2010: Boam, Anderson, Bracewell

Oh and Kane is gun, no doubt about it.

Polo23

International Debutant
Har har har.

Not U19 anymore: Southee, Boult, Worker, Rutherford
U19 this year, but not for the WC next year: Williamson
U19 for the WC in 2010: Boam, Anderson, Bracewell

Oh and Kane is gun, no doubt about it.
You gonna make the WC or too old?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Wagner tearing it up. :) Three more years then international cricket.

Although I read an article on him saying he was touching 140kph. That is news to me. He was bog standard 125kph in the Republic and if he had any pace, he would have been playing for the Titans now or would have got a Kolpak deal.

Polo23

International Debutant
I heard he was regularly around 135km/h...not sure if there is any truth in that though.

Wagner has been hit and miss in the OD games. Tends to go for quite a few runs.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah like Franklin he likes the half volley length but he can get the ball to move. I maybe wrong (haven't seen him in years) but he wasn't the tallest guy around either.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Really awesome to see Williamson ton up. Craig Cumming's been doing well for Otago too.

Flem274*

123/5
Wagner tearing it up. :) Three more years then international cricket.

Although I read an article on him saying he was touching 140kph. That is news to me. He was bog standard 125kph in the Republic and if he had any pace, he would have been playing for the Titans now or would have got a Kolpak deal.
Depends really. He's pretty gun but there's lots of competition for the bowling spots.

May have had the wind at his back perhaps? Helps Trent Boult and O'Brien a lot.

If Wagner likes the half volley length then perhaps he might be more suited, like Franklin, to tests?

Also I may be a bit biased, I don't want NZ to end up like England with its imports. :p

Flem274*

123/5
So NZ A sides for List A/FC respectively? My List A would probably be:

Watling (ND)
Ingram (CD)
Sinclair (CD)
Cumming (OT) (pretty successful at four)
Williamson (ND)
Franklin (WTN)
McGlashan (ND)
Diamanti (CD)
Thompson (CD)
O'Brien (WTN)
Boult (ND)

Wagner not selected because he's inelligible. Same for ICL players (otherwise Wagner, Bond and Tuffey would all have a case for inclusion).

I'll probably revise that team later. Can't remember who is doing good in FC cricket, will have a look.