• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Favourite commentary lines

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
"Steve Harmison...with a slower ball...one of the great balls"

Gets the hairs on my neck standing up, every time. A pivotal moment in the Ashes. Harmison didn't contribute much to us winning the urn, but if he hadn't landed that one, given what came afterwards who knows what may have happened. Awesome.

Another Benaud one I like is on a Langer shot, from the same series, "didn't quite middle that...if he had it would have gone for nine"

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Fred Trueman after a particularly loud appeal by Abdul Qadir. "I expected to see someone come swinging off the roof on a rope."

Shaggy Alfresco

State Captain
"Big leg cutter, big outside edge and a vast nick. What an over!"

Richie Benaud commentating on Flintoff's dismissal of Ponting in that over. Shame Mark Nicholas was being such a **** during it.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Was it him that said:

"Hi my name is Steve Harmison, what's yours?"

Last edited:

Precambrian

Banned
"In the air... and six.... and the crowd is doing Balle Balle" - Ravi Shastri during Yuvraj Singh's 6 sixes of Stuart Broad in the ICC 20-20 match.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
"Steve Harmison...with a slower ball...one of the great balls"

Gets the hairs on my neck standing up, every time. A pivotal moment in the Ashes. Harmison didn't contribute much to us winning the urn, but if he hadn't landed that one, given what came afterwards who knows what may have happened. Awesome.
What happened afterwards wouldn't have happened had Brent Bowden given Kasprowicz lbw when he was.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
After.

Had Clarke not played down the wrong line of that ball then everything could have happened completely differently. Maybe he'd have been out next over and Flintoff would have knocked-over the tail as he deserved to.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
After.

Had Clarke not played down the wrong line of that ball then everything could have happened completely differently. Maybe he'd have been out next over and Flintoff would have knocked-over the tail as he deserved to.
Yeha, but my point is we'll never know, and for all we know Clarke might have got it together the next day and steered the Aussies to victory

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Steady on lad! That stuff's precious, that!

Bumble, commentating as a drunken oaf pours his pint over the grass bank as the Basin Reserve as he falls flat on his face beside me.