• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australian Domestic Season Thread

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Pratyush said:
NSW batting has been very poor. I know they are giving young blokes a chance but surely you need some sort of solidity. Maybe bringing some experienced but not great player might help (if some one who fits that bill exists). Any solutions?
Bring back Richard Chee Quee.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Thornley and Haddin absolutely dominated the second session though. So, NSW have three batsmen instead of two, it seems.

Haddin past a century at more than a run a ball, and Thornley not far behind.

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
NSW will get Katich and Clarke (probable) back soon to bolster the batting and Bracken with the ball. I'm not sure if the test players will be available for any pura cup games after the CT.

Alysum

U19 Debutant
Both out for a good score (run a ball for Haddin :-O ), shame 3 runs short of a ton Thornelly

Clark has hit 2 sixes !

319/9 excellent recovery but 6 batsmen didn't reach double figures...

Last edited:

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Yep, batting at 3 in OD not quite good enough atm to crack a first class game with the youngsters in Borgas, Cosgrave, Ferguson etc doing to well and until one of the top 6 fails a lot and Blewett scores big in Grade cricket then not alot will change.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great to see Henriques showing he isn't all just hype. Pity he had to do so against queensland though :(

andyc

Henriques is such a gun. 3/0 after 4 overs, and then a spell of 3/3 off 5 is hard to top.

andyc

Why has Henriques, easily the pick of the bowlers, only bowled the 5 overs, when Bollinger, Clark and Nicholson have all had over 15?

Edit: Henriques comes back on, and gets a wicket his first over.

Last edited:

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
They don't seem to have a lot of faith in Henriques do they? I don't think he bowled at all in the second innings of the last match. Still, under utilising a young player is better than running them into the ground in their first season of FC cricket. It is a sensible approach to ease players in, especially all rounders with the strain of both disciplines.

Haddin (FC) - 139*
Paine (OD) - 84 off 100
Crosthwaite (FC) - 72*
Ronchi (OD) - 66 off 62
Hartley (FC) - 59* currently

Good weekend for the keeper batsman.

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Great Birtannia said:
Haddin (FC) - 139*
Paine (OD) - 84 off 100
Crosthwaite (FC) - 72*
Ronchi (OD) - 66 off 62
Hartley (FC) - 59* currently

Good weekend for the keeper batsman.

Was talking to andyc about this on MSN. THey're really having a go. A lot of lwoer order top scores too, it seems.

Henriques = gun.