• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dear Cricketweb,

Athlai

Not Terrible
This thread is designed for any member who wants to pick the brains of the Cricketweb community on any cricketing matter. My question in particular being...

Dear Cricketweb, today my girlfriend said that her favorite player was Paul "le ginge" Collingwood. Being a Kiwi fan I'm all lost at sea at how to approach this, what should I do? I've tried telling her how he's English, and how Jeetan Patel is awesome but she remains a Colly fan.

What should I do?

Love,
Athers

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Shouldn't this be in CH?

If not - then I extend my deepest sympathies.

Funny how popular Collingwood seems to be with the laydeez hactually.

Maybe if he gets dropped from the Test team it'll help? If so, only the England selectors can come to your aid.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Shouldn't this be in CH?

If not - then I extend my deepest sympathies.

Funny how popular Collingwood seems to be with the laydeez hactually.

Maybe if he gets dropped from the Test team it'll help? If so, only the England selectors can come to your aid.
I made the point of the thread a bit clearer as instead of being a one off thing just a CW whats with this? kind of thread.

On the matter of Collingwood, sadly I don't think she'd mind if he got dropped from the Test team. Bloody woman.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
This thread is designed for any member who wants to pick the brains of the Cricketweb community on any cricketing matter.

How is your girlfriends choice of men she fancy's (which incidently was already a bit suspect) a cricketing matter?

Athlai

Not Terrible
She doesn't even fancy him though, its because he's a solid all rounder. :wacko: If it had to be a pom I could understand Flintoff but Collingwood? And not for his fielding? What is wrong with the common conception of quality in the modern game of cricket?

And she's my age Rich, a month younger.

She doesn't even fancy him though, its because he's a solid all rounder. :wacko: If it had to be a pom I could understand Flintoff but Collingwood? And not for his fielding? What is wrong with the common conception of quality in the modern game of cricket?

What do you want actually? Do you want that she start liking you or some player other than Collingwood?.....................:laugh:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ah, as I suspected. That's what you get for dating girls so close to your age.

My fiancee, incidentally, is and has been all the 12 years I've known her, over 7 months younger than me. A much more sensible gap.

Mate of mine's also engaged to a girl who shares his birthday. Isn't that the weird height of weird?

In its own way though I suppose it's kinda awesome too.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Wow, seven month's difference. Do you find yourself having to explain historical events much? How ever do you cope with the generational difference?? :p

Congrats on being engaged btw...

Athlai

Not Terrible
Ah, as I suspected. That's what you get for dating girls so close to your age.

My fiancee, incidentally, is and has been all the 12 years I've known her, over 7 months younger than me. A much more sensible gap.

Mate of mine's also engaged to a girl who shares his birthday. Isn't that the weird height of weird?

In its own way though I suppose it's kinda awesome too.
Who does your fiancee fancy as her favorite player btw?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Dear Cricketweb, today my girlfriend said that her favorite player was Paul "le ginge" Collingwood. Being a Kiwi fan I'm all lost at sea at how to approach this, what should I do? I've tried telling her how he's English, and how Jeetan Patel is awesome but she remains a Colly fan.

What should I do?

Love,
Athers
Dear Athers,

How are things? Hope the rash has cleared away.

There seems a simple solution to your knotty problem: I'd simply point out that, even as her hero takes guard, there's every chance some unattractively copper-toned pubes are protruding from Master Collingwood's box. I'm fairly sure that should do the trick, although I'd recommend having a bucket or similar receptacle to hand for the vomitus if she has a weak constitution.

Hugs,

Brumby
pp CW

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Who does your fiancee fancy as her favorite player btw?
Liam Plunkett. 8-) As if the bastard breaking my nose at the age of 9 isn't bad enough, he also gets my dearly beloved's attraction 11 years later. 8-)

Not that she watches much cricket - generally she watches me while I watch the cricket. :happy:

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Dear Athers,

How are things? Hope the rash has cleared away.

There seems a simple solution to your knotty problem: I'd simply point out that, even as her hero takes guard, there's every chance some unattractively copper-toned pubes are protruding from Master Collingwood's box. I'm fairly sure that should do the trick, although I'd recommend having a bucket or similar receptacle to hand for the vomitus if she has a weak constitution.

Hugs,

Brumby
pp CW
Are you kidding? Thats the whole mystique of your ginger, the colour of the pubic thatch. But thats well besides the point. The rash however cleared up with that ointment you recommended.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Wow, seven month's difference. Do you find yourself having to explain historical events much? How ever do you cope with the generational difference?? :p

Congrats on being engaged btw...
Please do tell me that you realised my post was as in jest as the one you've just made?

It was gutting for the time she was still a 20-year-old baby and I was an old man of 21 mind.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Liam Plunkett. 8-) As if the bastard breaking my nose at the age of 9 isn't bad enough, he also gets my dearly beloved's attraction. 8-)

Not that she watches much cricket - generally she watches me while I watch the cricket. :happy:
First off, he broke your nose? Is that why she likes him?

Secondly, she finds you interesting!?! :p