• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is your favourite cricketer?

Eclipse

International Debutant
Being an Australian my Fav players are

Batsman: Ricky Ponting hes good to watch hits heaps of 4s and is one of very few players capable of playing every shot in the book with perfect timing.

Bowler: Brett Lee probably because he is fast lol.

Other I like H. Gibbs, M.Waugh, N. Astle, Tendulkar, Gillespie.

there are heaps more

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
My Favourites are:

Jason Gillespie - My Favourite bowler, he's got pace & accuracy.

Chris Cairns - I still firmly believe that if the biggest hitters from around the world game together for a hit out, Cairns would win.

Shoaib Ahktar - The thrill of watching those wickets cartwheeling is awesome and great to watch.

Shane Bond - Im just enjoying watching arguably NZ's first ever pace bowler, plus he's been successful which has been great.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Shoaib is good at bowling and all , but like in person he isint that great , he is really rude

When Pakistan Toured New Zealand , and pakistan were playing at carisbrook ( thats when pakistan scored a huge total and nz defended the target and won ) shoaib was on the boundary and it was break , my mates and me called him to sign our little autograph bats and he said to shut up and get away

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Thats really weird Lord cause i met him in Sydney when he was playing with Mosman and he was really really friendly,.......
:D :D

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
Too many to name but my all time favourtie is Bradman closely followed by Healy, Brett Lee, Gilchrist, Simon O'Donnell, Richie Benaud, Sir Richard Hadlee and the Master Blasters from the West Indies from the 80's.

A personal favourite is also Rick McCosker as I was born and raised in the same country town he was (which is Inverell in case you were wondering)!!

[Edited on 7/18/02 by Eyes_Only]

Kimbo

International Debutant
i am also surprised about shoaib... i thought he seemed pretty nice and friendly... but then glenn mcgrath did exactly the same to the kids at hamilton. :confused: :confused: :confused:

LankanPrince

School Boy/Girl Captain
I haven't seen many of the old time classics such as Richards and Gavaskar play. It would be a privilege to see them. My favourite batsman are Aravinda de Silva, Brian Lara and Virender Sehwag. Bowlers are Warne, Murali and Ambrose.

Anon2

U19 Cricketer
Darren Gough! A bit obvious considering that I support Yorkshire. I'm another Lance Klusener fan as well, he talked to me when I got his autograph. Wicked bloke!

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Who is your favourite player?

or in eyes case umpire ;)

mine is Matthew Hayden, i met him and had my photo taken with him a few years ago.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Um let me think????
:duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh:

:O:O:O:O:O:O

Of course its the greatest man of all...

Greg Blewett
:D:D:D:D

Simon

Originally posted by Gregory Blewett
Um let me think????
:duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh:

:O:O:O:O:O:O

Of course its the greatest man of all...

Greg Blewett
:D:D:D:D
you or the real greg blewett?
you are probably a better batsman than him.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
well, i won't argue, so i take it back Blewy is the 2nd best Batsman in history...

Top_Cat

Current: Oooooooo....................toughie. Probably Waqar Younis, Shoaib Akhtar or Adam Gilchrist (not in that order either)..

Ever:

David Gower: Talk about someone who makes batting look easy!!!!

Lance Klusener: Awesome attacking player when he was at his best. When he bowled, he'd try to bowl like the wind; when he batted, he tried to hit every ball for six and when he came off he'd hoe into a huge steak! I guess I just loved his attitude.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Off the current players :

Steve Waugh (current isn't he ?) :

He has my respect because of the strength of character he has shown so often on the field (some might scoff) but he was very inspirational. From such along time he has held the Australian side together.

Waqar Younis :

Really tough guy, never gives up. Wonderful personality, i haven't seen him once caryy himself with arrogance. Down to earth and devoted cricketer.

Shoaib Akhtar :

For his ability to turn a match on its head. Maybe lacks ingenuity at the moment, should develop into a great fast bowler.

Off days gone by......

Geoff Boycott :

Real gritty opener. One of the best at that slot, very few better than him.

Javed Miandad :

He knew how to turn a tide with him. Single handedly won matches for his team. Great improviser, he was one of my favourite characters on the field.

Hiee i just had an idea....why dont we do a thread on Yesteryear players ?? we could switch each week or two. What do you guyz think ?