• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Michael Clarke

Bazza

International 12th Man
I have no doubt he'll come good before long - got a ton only last week for Yorkshire - but for me Vaughan looked very scratchy and never comfortable yesterday. I guess he was unlucky though.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I apologize to all the Lehmann supporters, but get him out of there. Get Clarke into the team. He's an outstanding player and it's a crime that he's practically a second XI player. Wonderful batsman!

Eclipse

International Debutant
Yes another good innings 55* of 40 balls 6x4 1x6.

Has not been dismised in One Day International cricket yet and has scores of 39* 75* 55* quite a good start to his carear.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Yep. Even if he gets three straight ducks at this point, he'll still average 56. A great start to his career.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
But what about Darren Lehmann? he's the oldest one out of the 3 & plus he's probably one of Australia's poorer fielders.

It would be really hard to drop Clarke now since he's played a very influential role in all 3 of his innings.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Lehmann is a very good bowler for us in One Dayers.

I was not suggesting Martyn should make way for Clark Ahead of Lehmann. But It will be in interesting decision between Clark, Martyn & Lhemann

Simon

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Yep. Even if he gets three straight ducks at this point, he'll still average 56. A great start to his career.
its a damn good start to his career, i think hes already proved to the critics hes got what it takes.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Sorry, but I don't buy that.

His record is nowhere near as impressive as Lehmann, and I wouldn't want him bowling for my side.

Top_Cat

I apologize to all the Lehmann supporters, but get him out of there. Get Clarke into the team. He's an outstanding player and it's a crime that he's practically a second XI player. Wonderful batsman!
..........who's not under any pressure to score runs yet. His runs are a bonus because even if he failed, he'd still be the next big thing. Lehmann has experience and performance under pressure over Clarke. Clarke has had one great season and a few good knocks in a row. He'll have to do much better than that.

And like it or not, when Marto comes back from injury, it'll be an easy decision for the selectors to pick him over Clarke, as would be expected. Everyone seems to forget that Marto's last knock was 88* in a WORLD CUP FINAL. He batted as well as Ponting in that match and scored a few 50's before that too.

AGAIN, Clarke is an outstanding talent but he will have to wait just like every other player in the Aussie team, who were just as outstanding in their early days as he is. For pure natural talent, he's no better than Marto, Lehmann, Hayden, Love etc. All of them had their time as players on the rise and all of them had to wait. So will he. You don't just pick him for the sake of it, especially if the others are doing so well.

Simon

Lehmann and clarke are 2 completely different styles of bowler. Clarke tries to be more attacking and get batsmen out while Lehmann just bores them.
While Hogg is there i would go with Lehmann, but when warney comes back defeinately Clarke.
But saying that its going to be very difficult to leave Clarke out at all now.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
the side as i think it shoud be with no injuries

Gilchrist
Hayden
Ponting
Clarke
Symonds
Bevan
Watson
Lee
Warne
Gillespie
McGrath

Martyn and Maher as reserve Bats, Hogg, Bichel and Hauritz as reserve bowlers

Martyn has proven many times that he is not at all versitile as a batsman, he can simply not slog, and we do not need someone to rescue us with Bevan and Watson down the order who as well as Clarke Can bat well defensivley

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Symonds' batting has come on, but I would be doubtful about having him at 5 with the competition he faces when all are fit.

Simon

id like to see watson when he comes back from injury before i put him in that side.
Warne has retired from one day cricket, but he has said he MIGHT reverse that decision, so until he does you can include him there.