• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

South Africa Squad

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
That's odd, they've put Paul Adams in for both Tests and ODIs and Dippenaar, who boasts a Test average of 28.07 and a ODI average of 42.09, in for just the Tests. What on earth?

SA Squad I hope this is just a mistake.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The only normal selection committee these days is that of the Australians. Then again, they could basically put anyone in Australia into the team and they would merit selection. :)

krkode

State Captain
Well, with his recent success he looks like South Africa's most versatile spinner, and it's only normal to give the guy another go at the ODI game...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
krkode said:
Well, with his recent success he looks like South Africa's most versatile spinner, and it's only normal to give the guy another go at the ODI game...
Look at his action and the fact that he can be extreamly wayward because of it then also add the fact that he's not played much OD cricket due to these reasons then it looks rather odd that they picked him for a full OD series as one of only 2 spinners.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
This is a one day series in England though, so spin won't play as big a role as it would in other countries.

Langeveldt

Soutie
God is that Peterson in the tests only? Why isnt Nico Boje playing test cricket? I know who i would rather face :!(

Thank god they havent resorted to to Ontong or Prince :D I think that top order with Kallis back is looking strong...

krkode

State Captain
And it's Bangladesh, isn't it?

They can afford to experiment. Maybe they have a future bowler in Adams...

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well the biggest talking point here is that it looks like Lance Klusener's international career is gone for all money.

I'd say that if South Africa aren't willing to take him on what will be a very important tour for them regarding the changing of the guard in South African cricket then I doubt they'll pick him again unless they have an injury crisis.

Looking at both teams there is a fair amount of unproven players so I think England would like their chances in both the ODI's & tests. But they'll also need to get their selection policies right.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I don't think that any of South Africa's three spinners (Peterson, Adams, Bojé) will pose too much threat so the omission/selection is unlikely to make much difference.

But to leave out Dippenaar for ODIs?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The world of cricket has gone completely crazy. Last week a team chased 400 to win Australia and the English McGrath was called up. This week SA has caught the disease again.