• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Asia Cup

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Exceptional..
Emphatic...

MENDIS>>The Next Murali..

India Final Jinx Continues....

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
India lays claims to the title of Chokers. It seems that South Africa has to relinquish this title.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Exceptional..
Emphatic...

MENDIS>>The Next Murali..

India Final Jinx Continues....
I am not sure how long that Mendis' middle finger will last. He needs to bowl more off spinners in the tests and use his other balls rarely.

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
I am not sure how long that Mendis' middle finger will last. He needs to bowl more off spinners in the tests and use his other balls rarely.
Locating and using a stock delivery (at the moment, it has been said that his stock delivery is unclear), imparting more turn using that delivery and not OD-ing on his variations are also necessities if Mendis is to be a long-term Test-class bowler, IMO.

He looks to be a phenomenal talent, though. I think he should have a long and fruitful OD-career - he has control and insane amounts of variation - the two keys to a spinner's success at the format, from experience.

neutralguy

U19 Debutant
India lost becos of few reasons.
1. Tactical blunder by dhoni to chase. Time and again it has been proven that when it comes to big matches and especially finals, its better to put runs on board rather than chase.
In the past asia cup finals between india vs srilanka , srilanka have beat them from 1994 and all the time srilanka batted first. Knowing that history is against india when chasing in finals, why choose to chase??
2. Jayasuriya has known to be a thorn in india's flesh. Cricinfo ran pages on this. still they could not figure a way out to dismiss jayasuriya.
I think these are 2 major reasons and ofcourse we have this new champion called MENDIS.