• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England v Zimbabwe

Eclipse

International Debutant
marc71178 said:
Horrible way to get out.

I never realised Butcher is still only 30 - he's probably got 4 or 5 years in him in theory.

I am not much of a fan of Butcher really I think England have soom good young players who will take his place soon.

One of the real things that annoyes me about McGrath's selection is that England actualy have some good young players after crying out for them for 10 years. Now they have them they wont select them.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Eclipse said:
One of the real things that annoyes me about McGrath's selection is that England actualy have some good young players after crying out for them for 10 years. Now they have them they wont select them.
I'll give you that...

but...

I am not much of a fan of Butcher really I think England have soom good young players who will take his place soon.
So far he's got 25 and is doing nothing wrong. Also have you forgotten that 183*? Since that innings he's been scoring very consistantly as well. There is no reason to drop him, he's an asset to the side.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Blignaut came back into cricket not long ago after quitting to become a model. The thing is that he's looking totally bored, runs in as if he's just going through the motions and then when he gets Tresco out he doesn't even celebrate. Is he usually this laconic?

PY

International Coach
Eclipse said:
His average of 44-ish from 2001-2003 means that he is a selection certainty for me. Always quite liked his style of batting as well.

Eclipse

International Debutant
PY said:
His average of 44-ish from 2001-2003 means that he is a selection certainty for me. Always quite liked his style of batting as well.
Yeah he has been pritty good I suppose I have no real grounds or good reason for not rating him.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Surname starts with the same letter, marc.

That's how cloning starts - just one small part.

He'll be down as 'Batcher' next game.

At the end of the summer, he'll be known as 'Barring'.

The hundred he just scored is the finishing touch - 'Barring' + 100 = 'Barrington'.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
From the bits I've seen in between "Corporate and Business Law" :yawn: and "Business Taxation FA 2002" :yawn: :yawn: Price looks to be a decent bowler, and Ebrahim a very good fielder.

Bazza

International 12th Man
Well Chris wanted to drop Butcher (yeah I agree, 137 isn't enough in this day and age). I am part of the group who whilst not calling for his head, am always double checking he's pulling his wait, waiting to get on top of him. Every time they show his record over the last 2 years it looks more impressive!

McGrath is playing well too. I've been impressed. I've also been very (pleasantly) surprised, given the number of mediocre performances I've seen from him at county level. I hope he can keep it up though - one innings isn't enough of course.

V Reddy

International Debutant
But don't forget that Butcher was lucky too. A dropped catch and an LBW not given and both early in his innings. But he made most of the opputunities he got and is a very stylish player. Ervine picks up two wickets:D . Also Price really troubled Tendulkar when he was in India. He is a pretty good bowler.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Ervine looks very average...
Price looks quite useful although he's not going to rip through a batting lineup
Blignaut is a mixed bag, useful but sometimes just nothing
Hondo good action though no penetration
Streak tried his best, really needs someone else to apply some pressure at the other end so the batsmen will get frustrated and take a chance against him. Very fine bowler, his figures don't do him justice. His career record would be better if he didn't have to bowl so many overs as both strike and stock bowler.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Well batted Ashley Giles - he's been showing this kind of form at Test level for the est part of a year now, and a deserved half century.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Didn't see the cricket, but Rik said Anderson was getting wacked by Ebrahim. Then again, he did also say that Nasser had ultra-attacking fields.