• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World's Fastest Bowler Competition - 1979

ret

International Debutant
Indeed. But if it is the average speed, then it will be lower than the speed noted on TV in modern times which is the speed a split second after delivery. This is because the ball loses pace in the air and off the surface.
i m lost here, i thought average speed would be X+Y/2 but you can have X or Y > avg speed

but you said that this was measured over 18 yards vs 22 yards now-a-days and it takes the ball less time to reach 18 yards than 22 yards, so i guess things even out at the end of the day

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Thommo had been drinking beer all season serving his ban, gets a call from channel 9, goes to the bloody thing and wins it.

He also won the accuracy competition.
The ****ing cheat new how to win it. While all others bowled short stuff and length stuff, he bowled yorkers and full tosses. Cannot see how Holding not getting to 140s if he were serving up full tosses to the speed gun. Thommo was definietly told before hand how to register highest speed.

Re measure it using both horizontal and vertical vectors, and you see Thommo is nothing seriously quicker than Holding or others.