• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Combined side & hypothetical matchups

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
MacGill making 67 and 32 in a test? Thought the idea of simming the game was interesting until I saw that bit.
Yeah it was done poorly putting him in at 8 and not even spelling Johnson's name correctly.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not on current form. I thought Mills was decidely average at Lords. Hense me picking Broad if they were playing Australia in a test tomorrow
You can't make a proper judgement of form based on one game alone.

What happens if Ricky Ponting scores 30 and 20 in the next Test, but Ryan Hinds makes 80 and 100 in the same Test. Would you pick Hinds on the basis that he is in better 'form'. Somewhere along the line class and form mingle together, and you have to take that into consideration.

Athlai

Not Terrible
The gap between Mills and Broad is decidedly different to that of Hinds and Ponting, fair call to select Broad IMO.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Would have no hesitation in picking Mills above Broad currently, Mills has at least exploited favourable conditions twice (in his 2 Tests in SA in 2005/06) and produced a stunning spell in much less favourable ones (second-innings at Eden Park just gone).

Broad has yet to do either, despite Mills being woeful at Lord's and Broad being merely poor.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I'd pick Mills every time but I was just saying that the gap was hardly as great as first made out, and there is at least some case for Broad being better than Mills on his day.