• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Glenn McGrath v Imran Khan v Dennis Lillee

Who was the better bowler?

• Total voters

archie mac

International Coach
Please, denigrate Bangladesh as a Test side sure but that's plainly ridiculous. DKL last played in the Lilac Hill match almost 10 years ago when his son played, not to mention he's nearly 60! I wouldn't back DKL to get through a grade match these days. As for Imran, as great a bowler as he was in his pomp, he wasn't even taking regular wickets nor bowling above medium pace for the last few years of his career when he was much younger and fitter so now? Yeah right.
I will still back them:ph34r:

Days of Grace

International Captain
Please, denigrate Bangladesh as a Test side sure but that's plainly ridiculous. DKL last played in the Lilac Hill match almost 10 years ago when his son played, not to mention he's nearly 60! I wouldn't back DKL to get through a grade match these days. As for Imran, as great a bowler as he was in his pomp, he wasn't even taking regular wickets nor bowling above medium pace for the last few years of his career when he was much younger and fitter so now? Yeah right.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Can't you see he's having a larf??

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Seem to recall DKL doing pretty damn well even in his final Lilac Hill games, including said final one alongside his son. Nonetheless, I wasn't 100% serious. And yes, Imran I imagine struggles to bowl these days given he retired with shins which IIRR were fairly close to shattering and rendering him unable to walk again.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Seem to recall DKL doing pretty damn well even in his final Lilac Hill games, including said final one alongside his son. Nonetheless, I wasn't 100% serious. And yes, Imran I imagine struggles to bowl these days given he retired with shins which IIRR were fairly close to shattering and rendering him unable to walk again.
Yeah he did; 3/8, in fact, two of which were Shoaib Aktar and Mustaq Ahmed. He let his son do the heavy ball work. :)