• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Chanderpaul to retire?

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A post that actually relates to the original subject of the thread? Wow.

Xuhaib

International Coach
lol it seems you have no respect for your own society
Dude was just trying to come up with some logical reasoning of why you might be so intolerant on this issue of being 'gay'.

...and don't tell me you think that being gay is acceptable in a Pakistani society, yes there might be pockets within the society where people have become more open minded and started accepting it but the other 95-98 % of the society still see it as something extremely wrong.

Swervy

International Captain
People in west cannot even imagine how gays are looked at in our Pakistani society. It is considered as something totally disgusting and a sign of god's displeasure with mankind:laugh:
and that is meant to make it more acceptable to use it on here???

PY

International Coach
Ergh, stay on topic for crying out loud.

Having said that, the topic is a fair amount of nonsense. Averaging over a 100 in the last series he played in? Retire him.

Xuhaib

International Coach
and that is meant to make it more acceptable to use it on here???
My point was that people's actions/behavior/writing is mainly a representation of the culture/society in which they live or have been raised in.I felt that Deira's opinion's on this issue was more due to the mindset which has been set in by living in a society which is intolerant to the gay lifestyle, but since that post Deira has mentioned that he was never brought up in a Pakistani society and this issue has no bearing on his dislike for gay people.

Days of Grace

International Captain
My point was that people's actions/behavior/writing is mainly a representation of the culture/society in which they live or have been raised in..
:laugh: Isn't it more a representation of his intelligence? Do you really think we are just sponges that soak up what society gives us? Don't you think by our age we should be able to think for ourselves?

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
How many different types can there be? I mean, theres only 2 ***es after all (last time I checked), and what the hell is a metrosexual?:blink:
A metrosexual is basically a straight male who dresses like a stereotypical homosexual. Brett Lee has apparently been accused of being one (I believe one of his team-mates refuted this in an interview; I can't remember who).