• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will Allan Lamb Play For England This Summer?

Will Allan Lamb Be Selected For England This Summer?

• Total voters

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Keep replying, this thread is fast overtaking the number of posts in the Ramps thread.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Hehe, well tbh you've probably gathered some interest seems as the bet was made 2.5 years ago!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I was talking more about England results since 2005...not Ramprakash himself.

If he averages 60 then obviously that'd be a good thing. Although I'd still be a bit concerned about where you were going after that. It kind of hints that there's no vision for the future...the part which I was attempting to indicate was typically English.
If it's typically English, then that's good. The future is just that - the future. Your vision for the future has zero place in your selections of the current Test side. Trying to plan for the future is done in other areas.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Actually, I just looked at which answer you nominated...you can also discuss Lamb Kofta here if you like.
I don't actually like it BTW, don't even know what it is - though I presume it's meat, in which case :yucky: I actually picked it because I thought it read something like "I like Allan Lamb". Which would be true, though I never saw a match in which he played live some of his attacks on West Indian seam-bowlers over his career - and a few other innings to boot - were legendary. And even to look back on them is fairly awesome viewing.

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If it's typically English, then that's good. The future is just that - the future. Your vision for the future has zero place in your selections of the current Test side. Trying to plan for the future is done in other areas.
Obviously, given recent results.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't actually like it BTW, don't even know what it is - though I presume it's meat, in which case :yucky: I actually picked it because I thought it read something like "I like Allan Lamb". Which would be true, though I never saw a match in which he played live some of his attacks on West Indian seam-bowlers over his career - and a few other innings to boot - were legendary. And even to look back on them is fairly awesome viewing.
He did a good job of taking 22 off a Bruce Reid over to win a one-dayer if memory serves me correctly.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Obviously, given recent results.
Recent results (ie, the last 2 or 3 years) have been borne more than anything else of just the problem I mentioned - trying to merge planning the future with the best interests of the Test side.

Players like Mahmood, viewed (wrongly IMO) to have potential, were picked for Test cricket despite being blatantly woefully below par, ahead of far better-qualified candidates (such as Sidebottom and Jonathan Lewis) who might have had shorter leases of Test life.