Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Waqar sacked

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar

Waqar sacked

Waqar Younis has been replaced as Pakistan Captain by Rashid Latif, who retired from International Cricket last month...
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Communication problems perhaps?
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

The...er...Twitter[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Rik
    I'm thinking maybe his form has something to do with it, he didn't really have a stunner did he?

7 wickets at 25.28 from 7 games isn't bad but compared to Wasim Akram (12 at 16.75) and Shoaib Akhtar (11 at 22.90) it looks pretty ordinary.

I think the fact that rarely picked Saqlain comes into it, every time he didn't play Pakistan lost. You just can't leave your best spinner with nearly 300 ODI wickets if you want to win!
    Last edited by Rik; 19-03-2003 at 04:51 AM.
    "Age is just a stupid number"

20...that's a rather big number :(:(:(

Tim
    Well this comes as no surprise to me, but I heard they were considering Wasim Akram also for the captaincy..what the hell I thought Wasim was going to finally call it quits after continuously coming & going over the past year?

Latif will be a short-term solution because I thought there was talk that he was considering retirement also. I see Anwar is also staying, why? Pakistan needs to move on.

They should be planning immediately for the next World Cup & unless Wasim gets permission from the retirement home to play in the World Cup 2007 then whats the point of letting him hang around for any longer?

Cricket Web Staff Member luckyeddie's Avatar
    Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    It's a real clearout - the entire selection committee and the coach too - come back Javed, all is forgiven.

Inzy fell on his sword last week, so I reckon that Rashid Latif is just a stop-gap for 12 months at the most, probably for the next tour only.
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Originally posted by Rik
    7 wickets at 25.28 from 7 games isn't bad but compared to Wasim Akram (12 at 16.75) and Shoaib Akhtar (11 at 22.90) it looks pretty ordinary.
    Those stats only look ordinary next to Wasim's. You're being too harsh on him.

Pinball Champion!
    I can really sympathize with the pakistanis, some random captaincy there, just like what is happening with SA....Two boards who need to sort their lives out I think...
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Rik
    Originally posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    Those stats only look ordinary next to Wasim's. You're being too harsh on him.
    Did I sack him?

Well, I think it's more the lack of team performance than individual performance that has caused Waqar's sacking.

They probably think he's not leading well enough, and I sort of agree. The only men I think who are fit to lead a team like Pakistan are Wasim Akram and Anwar, owing to their experience, ability to lead by example, and sheer commanding stance when out there...
    The rest don't have that, I feel...and definitely not Latif, clearly seen by his sledging and recent "accusations".

U19 Cricketer
    Originally posted by krkode
    Well, I think it's more the lack of team performance than individual performance that has caused Waqar's sacking.

They probably think he's not leading well enough, and I sort of agree. The only men I think who are fit to lead a team like Pakistan are Wasim Akram and Anwar, owing to their experience, ability to lead by example, and sheer commanding stance when out there...
    The rest don't have that, I feel...and definitely not Latif, clearly seen by his sledging and recent "accusations".
    Sledging and accusations?? the one that wasn't proven? If we go by that then Ponting should never be given captaincy as he has been accused of sledging by Ejaz Ahmed (though nothing was proved). A case can even been made against Ganguly for showing his finger to the crowd!

I think Rashid is the best choice, he was among the three players who did well for PK in WC( Akram and Anwar being the others). Akram is not suitable for captaincy as the court has clearly instructed PCB not to give captaincy to Akram, moreso Akram cannot work with Miandad who would be the coach.
    Anwar may have done well in WC but he's a pale shadow of what he once was, and i think he should definately retire right now.

Yousuf Youhanna is named the vice captain, i guess he will take over the captaincy from Rashid in about 6 months to a year!

I wasn't talking about somebody accusing Latif of saying something, I was talking about Latif's accusation of Gilchrist. I always thought that a leader must be a non-complaining person...

I heard that the court only adviced the PCB not to give the captaincy to Akram, but seeing that Miandad is coach, I guess he won't get it either way...

But oh well...:P

Cricket Web Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    BBC Ceefax says that the PCB spokesman said that Latif was probably a stop gap before they appointed:

Younis Khan
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

U19 Cricketer
    Originally posted by krkode
    I wasn't talking about somebody accusing Latif of saying something, I was talking about Latif's accusation of Gilchrist. I always thought that a leader must be a non-complaining person...

I heard that the court only adviced the PCB not to give the captaincy to Akram, but seeing that Miandad is coach, I guess he won't get it either way...

But oh well...:P
    Non complaining? All Rashid did was to complain that he has been accused of something he didn't do it. I guess in order to be a captain Rashid should have just kept his mouth shut and accepted that he was indeed involve in racial slur!

Talking about complains, Akram has been complaining for a decade that he started suffering from "diabetes" coz of stress associated with Matdh fixing accusations. Then the new SA skipper has his share of complains in the past!

U19 Cricketer
    Originally posted by Neil Pickup
    BBC Ceefax says that the PCB spokesman said that Latif was probably a stop gap before they appointed:

Younis Khan

BUt PCB has apointed Yousuf Youhanna as the vice captain and not Younis Khan. Though former Coach Pybuss wants Younis Khan to be the Pakistan captain rather than Rashid or Youhanna

Cricket Web Staff Member luckyeddie's Avatar
    Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    Originally posted by Neil Pickup

Younis Khan
    When I researched the story this morning for CricketWeb, I noticed that 2 or 3 sites covered the story from exactly the same slant, and most of them suggested the same thing - Younis Khan (in other words, they all used the same source - or one person did then the others cribbed the same story).

I'm not so sure - does he actually warrant a place in the side?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information