• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Warne NOT appealing

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
warne will not be appealing his suspension

he said to Ray Martin
"the australian way is to cop it on the chin, mate"

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
not surprising really after what came out in the 10 page docu today.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well im not surprised by this at all. You got the feeling all along that Warne was not telling the full truth & even still he's tried to keep it to a minimum.

His press statement after the ban was issued was quite pathetic in light of this document being released.

Good decision by Warne.

I think that if he appealed they could have stretched the suspension out to 2 years. Plus he has been in the news and spot light way to much I think he and his family want abit of a rest.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
RickyPonting14 said:
Good decision by Warne.

I think that if he appealed they could have stretched the suspension out to 2 years. Plus he has been in the news and spot light way to much I think he and his family want abit of a rest.
He's high profile, he cheated - stands to reason he's in the news!

Bazza

International 12th Man
Hehe sorry it was right there, just begging to be done.

No more crappy jokes, I promise! :D

Rich2001

International Captain
I read in a newspaper today that an American Baseball player recently die as a result of taking the same (or very simaliar) drug to that Warne, due to the body losing to much fluid in the heat of the game... Kinda puts Warne's into perpective of just how lucky he was and he should be greatfull he got away with just a 1 year ban.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Warne got off lightly and I think he knows that. I think he is just trying not to aggravate the situation any further and stay away from the spotlight a bit by not appealing.