• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian coach - Gary Kirsten

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nothing, except we should not be then surprised that international cricketers behave like pampered prima donnas after you mollycoddle them thus. It wasnt always like this (which doesnt make it wrong) but the quality of cricket has not necessarily reflected the people-engineering that goes into it now.

Also be sure that one of the coaching XI will be an "appropriate dietary supplements" coach, not so sure about that one myself.
Nutritionists are one of the most important things in sports preparation. "Dietary supplements" can conjure-up sinister images given recent events, but that's just an unwanted minority ruining it for the majority.

And as I've always said - one man's maximised preparation is another man's mollycoddling.

Craig

World Traveller
You would think sometimes that India was in Australia's position half the time. They certainly know how to make a mountain out of a molehill. Really the coach is on a hiding to nothing as there is never going to be a party that is going to no upset at something and what a real vote of confidence if a player or former player comes out in the press before he is appointed.

Why not just drop a a load of cash at John Buchanan's door stop and make him coach?

pup11

International Coach
You would think sometimes that India was in Australia's position half the time. They certainly know how to make a mountain out of a molehill. Really the coach is on a hiding to nothing as there is never going to be a party that is going to no upset at something and what a real vote of confidence if a player or former player comes out in the press before he is appointed.

Why not just drop a a load of cash at John Buchanan's door stop and make him coach?
After the experience of having Greg Chappell as coach India would like to avoid having an Australian as a coach for sometime.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Buchanan was perfect for a side that was at/very near it's peak, which I don't think you can describe India as.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah, would predict a disaster if Buchanan were to take-over India at present TBH.

In fact, I'd predict a disaster if Buchanan were to take charge of most sides other than Australia at the time he was in charge of them for. That's not to say Australia made him look good, although it'd have been difficult for them to make him look bad, because I genuinely believe they might not have been quite as good as they were had they had a poor coach at the time.

But someone like Buchanan is a very stylised individual. I don't foresee his methods working for that many others - as they didn't, for instance, at Middlesex. IIRR he had success at Queensland too, though whether it'd have been with the same methods I for one can't have a clue.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Gazza is a sound oke, fine cricketer a great guy and a really sound oke..

I just hope he doesn't get wasted on the madness cricket can be in the subcontinent.. And we need him in PE anyway :(

"Wasted" ? By coaching India he's hardly going to degenerate as a coach or a person...he'll be getting pauid the 30o grand a year, VIP security, stay at five star hotels .....such a tough life that 8-) 8-) .

FRAZ

International Captain
"Wasted" ? By coaching India he's hardly going to degenerate as a coach or a person...he'll be getting pauid the 30o grand a year, VIP security, stay at five star hotels .....such a tough life that 8-) 8-) .
hahaha
btw these are the basic and essential ingridiens to eliminate the "hate" in the world !!

speedy

Cricket Spectator
Do we really need a coach? Won the Twenty/20 championships, ODI series against Pakistan and in a very promising position to win the test series as well.

What we need is a manager who has good people skills, preferably indian to understand the culture/langauge...