• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do you walk when you are caught behind?

Do you walk when you edge a ball to the slips?

• Yes

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • No

Votes: 23 60.5%

• Total voters

slugger

State Vice-Captain
mark richardson said in an interview that he was 95% sure whether he had nicked the ball.

Maybe the batsmen should be given the option of calling for a sniko if given out if they believee they didnt nick it.

ahh to hell with it just use techonolgy.. if an umpire can admit to making a mistake then they can accept the techology is better for the game... one of em may have fianlly advanced the hope of techonolgy being made availible to them.. if not intentionally... well done Keortzen

Engle

State Vice-Captain
Then there was this one match where this jerk of a wkeeper habitually kept removing the bails while collecting in the hope of effecting a stumping.

I nicked the ball very faintly, he collected, removed the bails and loudly appealed. The ump probably not sure whether he was appealing for a stumping remained unmoved.
So did I.

That should teach 'im.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I walk, which is odd considering I usually play every sport as hard as I can and push the rules.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I pay $17.50 a week to play cricket, so I'm going to take every opportunity I can to get my money's worth. I love batting, so there is no chance in hell that I'm going to walk. If I was playing domestic/international cricket I may have another view. But, I'm one who believes in value for money and considering I'm paying the umpire, I'm not going to walk when the decision is up to the umpire.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I was once caught behind off quite a thick edge but the bowler didn't appeal and the wicketkeeper only appealed for a stumping which wasn't given but should've been. One ball, two dismissals and I still didn't walk.:cool:

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
I almost always walk - I play for fun and at the level I'm at I believe that self regulation is part of having a good game. The exception is if the other team are a bunch of :censored: in which case they deserve every bad decision they get.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah you must never walk, because you can bet your bottom dollar the guy you are bowling at who nicks it wont be.. I get angry with team mates who walk because it's a team game, and they are letting the team down..
I'm firmly with Langeveldt on this one. I don't know of one bowler who has ever recalled a batsman given out caught behind or LBW incorrectly. I play within the rules and the rules state that in the event of a decision being required, the umpire makes it. Whether I think I'm out or not, I accept the umpire's decision because I've also had my fair share of good luck with the umps. As SS said, either walk or don't. It's inconsistent to say things like "I always walk unless blah, blah, etc."

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
You need to take every chance you get. If you nicked it and the umpire gives not out, don't walk. If you didn't nick it and you get given, walk.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'm firmly with Langeveldt on this one. I don't know of one bowler who has ever recalled a batsman given out caught behind or LBW incorrectly.
I don't appeal if I don't think it's out, and if I found-out any conclusive evidence that I'd got a wicket wrongly with such a decision I'd call the batsman back if it was in time without hesitation.

Flem274*

123/5
I'm a bowler and a tailender so I stick my ground a) to keep the innings going as long as possible and b) I never score runs because I only have a couple of shots and am not a good batsman. No way I'm walking.

When people don't walk off my bowling, sure its annoying but that just makes me try harder and keep persisting until I get the guy.

Days of Grace

International Captain
I wouldn't walk. Because sooner or later, in another innings, you will be given out l.b.w. to one missing leg stump on the second set of poles. It all evens out in the end.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nah, all batsmen have way more good luck than bad throughout a career.

"It all evens out" is what they all tell themselves to justify their appalling behaviour.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I wouldn't walk. Because sooner or later, in another innings, you will be given out l.b.w. to one missing leg stump on the second set of poles. It all evens out in the end.
The other day first ball in I took a long stride forward and shouldered arms with the ball hitting my pad below the knee and was given not out. It works both ways tbh - I rarely get lbw, cause normally I actually try and hit the ball if it's straight..

shortpitched713

International Captain
I don't appeal if I don't think it's out, and if I found-out any conclusive evidence that I'd got a wicket wrongly with such a decision I'd call the batsman back if it was in time without hesitation.
Bet you also say "good shot old chap wot" after every boundary hit off your bowling as well.