• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Long term bets..

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rahane and Pujara to top Indian batting charts for tests within the next 3 years. Kohli to average ~30.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Shane Watson will never average above 45 with the bat in Test cricket.
Ricky Ponting will end his Test career having scored 40 Test hundreds.
Kevin Pietersen will become the first Englishman to cross the 10,000 run mark in Tests.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Anyone want to except the following bets

Dale Steyn to take 500 Test wickets

Stuart Broad to score 5 centuries in Test cricket

Stuart Broad to take 500 Test wickets.

Ian Bell to score 10,000 Test runs

Alastair Cook to score 15,000 Test runs

Alastair Cook to finish with a Test average of above 50

Dale Steyn to take 30 5 fers in Test cricket.

Phillip Hughes to score 10,000 Test runs

A bowler to win a total of 1 of the 3 major ICC awards (cricketer of year, Test, ODI) in the next 2 years

Shane Watson to average above 40 with the bat in Tests and ODI's and below 30 with the ball in Tests and ODI's

Tim Bresnan to take 300 Test wickets and score 5,000 Test runs.

Mitchell Johnson to bag a King pair in his Test career.

Some pretty extravagant ones their.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
prince ews and myself have made some long term bets regarding cricketers.
I just thought it would be good to post on here so we have a record of it.

The bets are written in my favour so if these things happen i win, if they don't prince wins.

These are the bets that we have come up with.

- mitchell johnson less then 1 test hundred
- dale steyn will average over 25.00 with the ball
- george bailey will average more then sarwan in test cricket (bailey must play a test).
- chris martin to make a test match 10
- mahendra dhoni will average more then brad haddin at test cricket (haddin must play a test).
- alastair cook will average more then graeme smith in test cricket
- yuvraj will average 40 in both forms of the game

more bets to come..
4-2 to PEWS 'As it stands'
1-1 in the settled bets.

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Anyone want to except the following bets

Dale Steyn to take 500 Test wickets

Stuart Broad to take 500 Test wickets.

Dale Steyn to take 30 5 fers in Test cricket.

A bowler to win a total of 1 of the 3 major ICC awards (cricketer of year, Test, ODI) in the next 2 years

Shane Watson to average above 40 with the bat in Tests and ODI's and below 30 with the ball in Tests and ODI's

Some pretty extravagant ones their.
Let me start :O)

Dale Steyn to take 500 Test wickets . . . NO He will not

Stuart Broad to take 500 Test wickets. . . . NO He will not

Dale Steyn to take 30 5 fers in Test cricket. . . . NO He will not

Shane Watson to average above 40 with the bat in Tests and ODI's and below 30 with the ball in Tests and ODI's . . . NO He will not, not all of them

I'll come back to address the others :o)

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I won the Johnson bet, so it's 4-2 as it stands with 1-1 settled.
Yeah you are doing well, looking forward to Bailey's opportunity soon to hopefully help me out.

Dhoni vs Haddin and Cook vs Smith have been close bets with the winner changing a few times. Man, I got lucky with Martin, thank you Bangladesh. :)

BTW Cabinet, I only just noticed your bets now and that Bresnan 300 Test wickets 5000 Test runs is the one I would have bet against!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah you are doing well, looking forward to Bailey's opportunity soon to hopefully help me out.

Dhoni vs Haddin and Cook vs Smith have been close bets with the winner changing a few times. Man, I got lucky with Martin, thank you Bangladesh. :)

BTW Cabinet, I only just noticed your bets now and that Bresnan 300 Test wickets 5000 Test runs is the one I would have bet against!
I too am hoping Bailey can help me out. :p

I don't think Sarwan will ever play again despite the fact that I think he's still comfortably one of the West Indies six best batsmen so that means Bailey would have to average more than 40.01. I don't think he's got it in him.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I too am hoping Bailey can help me out. :p

I don't think Sarwan will ever play again despite the fact that I think he's still comfortably one of the West Indies six best batsmen so that means Bailey would have to average more than 40.01. I don't think he's got it in him.
I obviously think you are wrong! Any other bets mate??

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Betting on Indian cricket

1. BCCI will allow the review system once Sachin retires
2. Gavaskar and Shastri will continue to bat for Harbhajan until he retires from first class cricket
3. Harsha Bhogle will continue to write cricket columns as if he is THE pundit of cricket while in the commentators box with Gavaskar/and or Shastri will continue to be the school kid eager to learn from the 'masters' the most mundane aspects of the game
4. Siddhu will continue to display his loud dress sense, loud and bombastic sense of humour and corny 'philosophic' couplets and homilies while genuine cricket lovers tear their hair out since the man, if he talked only about the game in simple English, he is better than good.
5. BCCI will continue to terrorise world cricket, hold it to ransom while the greatest dumbing down of a cricket crazy public's literacy continues until the only way Indians can differentiate between cricket's shots is as oners, twoers, fourers and sixers and different balls as the one's that were dot balls and the one's that weren't
6. Sharad Pawar will continue to call the shots in BCCI irrespective of who holds what post till death do him depart.
7. Although the power of BCCI would go down the drain in no time if the world's cricket bodies showed some spine and called their bluff and stop yielding to their blackmail even for a couple of seasons, this will not happen until people with genuine long term interest of the game take charge in Australia, England and South Africa and deal with those who defy them the way BCCI dealt with Kapil and Zee TV's enterprise . . . but this won't happen for everyone involved in running the game has decided that even though the game is bigger than the individuals . . . money is bigger than the game . . . although the money may not last in the long run . . .

Last edited:

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Betting on Indian cricket

1. BCCI will allow the review system once Sachin retires
2. Gavaskar and Shastri will continue to bat for Harbhajan until he retires from first class cricket
3. Harsha Bhogle will continue to write cricket columns as if he is THE pundit of cricket while in the commentators box with Gavaskar/and or Shastri will continue to be the school kid eager to learn from the 'masters' the most mundane aspects of the game
4. Siddhu will continue to display his loud dress sense, loud and bombastic sense of humour and corny 'philosophic' couplets and homilies while genuine cricket lovers tear their hair out since the man, if he talked only about the game in simple English, he is better than good.
5. BCCI will continue to terrorise world cricket, hold it to ransom while the greatest dumbing down of a cricket crazy public's literacy continues until the only way Indians can differentiate between cricket's shots is as oners, twoers, fourers and sixers and different balls as the one's that were dot balls and the one's that weren't
6. Sharad Pawar will continue to call the shots in BCCI irrespective of who holds what post till death do him depart.
7. Although the power of BCCI would go down the drain in no time if the world's cricket bodies showed some spine and called their bluff and stop yielding to their blackmail even for a couple of seasons, this will not happen until people with genuine long term interest of the game take charge in Australia, England and South Africa and deal with those who defy them the way BCCI dealt with Kapil and Zee TV's enterprise . . . but this won't happen for everyone involved in running the game has decided that even though the game is bigger than the individuals . . . money is bigger than the game . . . although the money may not last in the long run . . .
This is not betting..Just saying your opinions on the current state :)

DJellett

International Debutant
Any takers on...

Phil Hughes to pass 6000 Test runs @ $7.50
Dave Warner to make a Test score over 250 @ $3.50
James Pattinson to pass 300 Test wickets @ $2.75
Steve Smith to average over 45 with the bat in Test cricket bat by age 30 @ $21.00

And given the idea that just came to me with the odds prices, idea for an actual betting thread where we are all alloted a set number of credits each and use these to place bets on short or long term cricket outcomes. With the aim being to amass the most credits, and thus be crowned the most succesful gambler, and instill a little more strategy and incentive upon the kind of bets we are placing above. Anyone be interested?