• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in Zimbabwe and South Africa

Chubb

International Regular
I'm really pleased but not actually that excited, because the result was never in doubt, it was a proper, professional victory. Have to pay a lot of tribute to the new coach who seems to be getting the best out of the players.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Good stuff from Zim, they look like they can string a bit together now, what with Price, Brent, Taylor and Chibhaba forming a nucleus in the side..

Fiery

Banned
Perhaps it is. And perhaps the fact that he's labelled as such says a bit about the shape of West Indian cricket at the moment. His ODI S/R is only 64.31.
No, I think you're right about Morton's 30 baller. I was thinking that Morton was Ricardo Powell for some reason? No idea why

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Dang... How are Kenya supposed to sneak into the 2008 Champions Trophy if Teams like the Windies play so badly against Zimbabwe. :@

sideshowtim

Banned
After scoring 274 for 8, Zimbabwe restricted West Indies to just 244 to wrap up the first ODI of the five-match series by 31 runs. Shivnarine Chanderpaul remained unbeaten on 127, but none of the other batsmen got the runs quickly enough, as Zimbabwe won their first match against a major Test-playing nation in four years.

I wonder how long the Windies will hold such a mantle for...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No, I think you're right about Morton's 30 baller. I was thinking that Morton was Ricardo Powell for some reason? No idea why
:laugh: How on Earth? Morton's famous for his slow feats, Powell's famous for being probably an even worse batsman than Shahid Afridi!

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Can't say Im that suprised by the result unfortunately. Something went severely wrong with the batting, bowling and fielding, but the run chase was just weird.

Well done Shiv for another masterly knock, its a pity that nobody else in the middle/lower order can bat.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
You know who the last Test-standard team Zimbabwe beat was, don't you?

(And it weren't England)
:lol:

Ahhh those brave lads maybe someday someone will remember them with their own movie, surely these must be all most Zimbabweans have to look to for hope in these times.

But then lets not forget both these teams are run by boards in ways unfit for human consumption.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Yeah. Afridi is obviously better with the ball. Feel Powell wasn't given enough of a chance. IOf he had been I'm sure he'd be an ok Test player and a very good ODI player. Some mental work done first though.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah. Afridi is obviously better with the ball. Feel Powell wasn't given enough of a chance. IOf he had been I'm sure he'd be an ok Test player and a very good ODI player. Some mental work done first though.
He played over 100 ODI’s for the West Indies, how many chances did his limited ability warrant?

Natman20

International Debutant
Is the signal of West Indies diving deeper into the abyss or is it a sign that Zimbabwe is improving?