• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And if you look at other places, I never tried to pass off rumours as truth... Only thing I might have said is that certain rumours sound plausible... And please, don't think I was trying to paint a better picture of Dravid there... I think Ganguly is every bit a team man as Dravid, but juz pointed out to the other poster who seemed to think Dravid was a little too "precious" about his batting spot... Coz, quite honestly, that applies to Dravid as much as it applies to SAchin and Sourav etc...
Added to that, Dravid is India's best number 3, probably ever. You'd be foolish to mess with that and I think he has every right to be particular about staying there.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Good news for India... Zaheer and RP expected to be fit for Australia by Ganguly.

Are you worried about injuries to key bowlers ahead of the Australia series?

Not really. I believe Zaheer Khan and R.P. Singh will be fit for the Australia series but can’t say anything about Sreesanth. Munaf Patel should also be fit in time. In their absence, Irfan Pathan and Ishant Sharma have been given a chance here.

What about your role as a bowler in Australia?

I’m not good enough to be a fourth bowler in the team. I would like to see myself in a fifth bowler’s role. I think if I can bowl 12-13 overs a day, without conceding too many runs and picking up one or two odd wickets, I’ll be happy with my role. This way the main bowlers can also remain fresh.

More from the interview by Telegraph India here.

Athlai

Not Terrible
India should definitely be gunning for a 4-0 victory. Will never happen unless you want it. I like firey India, they look like a very competitive team.

pup11

International Coach
I miss McGrath period. :(
yeah i miss Pidge too but there is nothing we can do now so we not to move on anyways Stuey Clark has taken it upon himself to predict these scorelines and his 2-0 prediction against the Lankans has come true now lets hope his 4-0 prediction for the Indian serie too comes true!:happy:

Craig

World Traveller
I saw the other day that Terry Jenner was backing Bryce McGain for the Test team. There you go officially Price EWS is Terry Jenner and I claim my five pounds.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
India should definitely be gunning for a 4-0 victory. Will never happen unless you want it. I like firey India, they look like a very competitive team.
Yea, what do you expect them to say? That we'd be lucky with a 2-0 drubbing? Just because we don't give them a chance doesn't mean the players themselves should go in thinking they are going to lose.

pup11

International Coach
I saw the other day that Terry Jenner was backing Bryce McGain for the Test team. There you go officially Price EWS is Terry Jenner and I claim my five pounds.
Nah.. not possible because Prince doesn't rate the Bailey duo at all and Jenner rates them as two of the best budding spinners in the world, but still you can't rule out that possibilty completly. :p

Dissector

International Debutant
Why do they have to say anything? They can just say something like they will give it 100%. Personally I find the trash talk annoying even if the team can back it up. In the case of Sree it's downright delusional in addition to being annoying.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nah.. not possible because Prince doesn't rate the Bailey duo at all and Jenner rates them as two of the best budding spinners in the world, but still you can't rule out that possibilty completly. :p
Presuming you mean the Cullen duo (;)) you'd be wrong, Rob has been one of if not the most vocal supporters of Cullen Bailey on CW.

adharcric

International Coach
Jaffer, Karthik, Chopra, Dravid, Tendulkar, Laxman, Ganguly, Yuvraj, Dhoni, Kumble, Harbhajan, Zaheer, RPS, Irfan, Munaf, Ishant

Selectors, please don't **** up this time.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anyone who saw the T20 in Perth last will know that Perth is coming back to life in terms of its pitch. It was great to watch.
Certainly can't see Australia playing a spinner in Perth at this stage, barring injury to one or more quicks. Lee & Tait were frighteningly quick last night, with Gilly standing within about 4-5 metres of the fielding circle and taking them at head height. It was scary stuff, and good for cricket to see a pitch getting some traditional characteristics back.

pup11

International Coach
Presuming you mean the Cullen duo (;)) you'd be wrong, Rob has been one of if not the most vocal supporters of Cullen Bailey on CW.
Yeah i meant Cullen duo just got a bit confused on that occasion :shy:, didn't knew Princey supports a ****ing idiot like Bailey now i am damn sure he is Jenner. :p

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
:ph34r:

Yeah i meant Cullen duo just got a bit confused on that occasion :shy:, didn't knew Princey supports a ****ing idiot like Bailey now i am damn sure he is Jenner. :p
:laugh:

Bit harsh to call him a ****ing idiot though, even if you don't rate his bowling.

Scotty

Banned
i'm sorry, did i just read that somebody supports cullen bailey? i've heard it all now! it's proposterous that CA have offered this guy a contract! it seems as if they've just searched him on google, seen that he's a leggie and relatively young and have earmarked him as the next shane warne.

don't rate the guy at all, and if he gets anywhere near the australian test team anytime soon i'll cry.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Anyone who saw the T20 in Perth last will know that Perth is coming back to life in terms of its pitch. It was great to watch.
Certainly can't see Australia playing a spinner in Perth at this stage, barring injury to one or more quicks. Lee & Tait were frighteningly quick last night, with Gilly standing within about 4-5 metres of the fielding circle and taking them at head height. It was scary stuff, and good for cricket to see a pitch getting some traditional characteristics back.
YEah, I saw that. Also McGrath said that he would like to see Australia use four pacers for the whole series. I'm not exactly how smart that would be, but if your best spinner is out and you have someone like Tait (who I don't particulary rate in Tests, but he does have his virtues) in the background, it is surely worth a look.

But overall, I'm not exactly how serious Hogg's injury is and it would be un-Australian if there wasn't a spinner in the team.

biased indian

International Coach
Indian sixteen to be announced today

Jaffer
Dravid
Sachin
Ganguly
Laxman
Yuvraj
Dhoni
Zaheer
RP Singh