• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

favrourite moment of last season

dogbear

Cricket Spectator
since i started the topic i am going to grab the best one, the C&G semi-final against Kent and those last few overs - 9 needed of 2 overs with 4 wickets left (or something like that)

i never cheered so loud

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I would've thought seeing 3 of the team in the England side would be a pretty pleasing one?

jf2001

Cricket Web Staff Member
Seeing Blackwell Picked for England

Ian Blackwell deserved his England call up and he has done well so far. I agree that the C&G run was the only memorable distraction with that epic semi against Kent one to store away. People tend to forget the man who won us the game was a certain Mr Francis who had endured a torrid intro to first class cricket at Taunton with the ball.

John F

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Re: Seeing Blackwell Picked for England

jf2001 said:
Ian Blackwell deserved his England call up and he has done well so far. I agree that the C&G run was the only memorable distraction with that epic semi against Kent one to store away. People tend to forget the man who won us the game was a certain Mr Francis who had endured a torrid intro to first class cricket at Taunton with the ball.

John F
Francis is highly rated by the somerset Coach and I hope he starts to repay that faith. He's a good bowler, no doubt.

Rich2001

International Captain
dogbear said:
since i started the topic i am going to grab the best one, the C&G semi-final against Kent and those last few overs - 9 needed of 2 overs with 4 wickets left (or something like that)

i never cheered so loud
I'll rather forget that..... Thank You! :!(

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Ah yes! The C&G semi! That run-out was simply amazing. I love to remember the absolute elation at the end, standing infront of the pavilion cheering madly with 100s of other Somerset supporters......something that will be be very difficult to surpass!!

I feel sorry for you Rich2001! Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory was it not?;) ;)

Rich2001

International Captain
Yes thanks Anna :(

Just remember just about a week later, Kent got their revange and humliated Somerset at Canterbury :lol: :saint:

When we beat you by 126 runs and bowled you out for a pitful 112 ;) :D

Just To Remind You

However it didn't help, iam still not sure how we managed to throw that game away :rolleyes:

Anna

Yes that's as maybe, but you're forgetting that Somerset beat Kent again at Taunton in the third from last match of the season!!
Somerset scored 244-6 and bowled Kent out for 126, Blackie taking 3!!:D :lol: :D :lol:

Rich2001

International Captain
You might have.... I don't recall that :saint: - But at the end of the day which of us will be playing top flight cricket next season... (in both forms)

But in saying all this I do like Somerset and hope they have a quick return to the top flight where they deserved to be.

Anna

Funny you don't remember! I know 'cause I was there.

Thanks for the support!

Rich2001

International Captain
Anna said:
Funny you don't remember! I know 'cause I was there.

Thanks for the support!
Unfortunatly it came back to me as well :(

However at least you got to see Steve Waugh's 53, in that game :D

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Actually I quite enjoyed that semi as I had bet on Somerset each way to win that trophy, and coupled with my other bets, it netted me a very tidy profit.

Bazza

International 12th Man
Re: Re: Seeing Blackwell Picked for England

Rik said:
Francis is highly rated by the somerset Coach and I hope he starts to repay that faith. He's a good bowler, no doubt.
:lol: Francis is... erm, well I can't use that word here. Rubbish?

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Re: Re: Re: Seeing Blackwell Picked for England

Bazza said:
:lol: Francis is... erm, well I can't use that word here. Rubbish?
Not from what I have seen.

Anna

Originally posted by Bazza
:lol:Francis is... erm, well I can't use that word here. Rubbish?
He's not that bad! I spent most of the season watching him and in the last match against Durham his figures were something like 7-4-10-0. Now you call that rubbish?

Originally posted by Rich2001
However at least you got to see Steve Waugh's 53, in that game:D
I know, but I tried twice to get his autograph and he completely ignored me!:!(

Last edited:

Rich2001

International Captain
Anna said:
I know, but I tried twice to get his autograph and he completely ignored me!:!(
Yeah I wouldn't worry about that, he and the Kent Board had some stupid agreement..

Apprently he hates having to give autographs etc and just wants to get on with things, but the board knew he would be a big hit with the fans so they agreed that he would sign a few to show he wasn't being a big meanie but then he could walk away or be saved by the staff whichever it maybe.

However me and my mate got to speak to him quite a bit as both my mate's Dad and Nan work at the cricket ground. Mainly because of his Nan, due to part of Waugh's contract was a flat to stay in and a cleaner (my mate's Nan being that cleaner)

I do recall one morning when we were sitting at square leg area, with Waugh on the ropes by us, chatting in between deliveries we just happened to mention that his bro' had just hit a 100 for Essex and will he do better..... Needless to say he didn't and spent the afternoon in hospital :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Ah well, today my mums friends car broke down in town, and guess who smashed into the back of her? Simon Francis lol.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Langeveldt said:
Ah well, today my mums friends car broke down in town, and guess who smashed into the back of her? Simon Francis lol.
Getting his own back on you :lol: