• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Bowling celebration you have seen

irfan

State Captain
For me it has to be Freddie Flintoff when he tormented and eventually dismissed Ponting in that over at Edgbaston in 05.

When he got Ponting, he spread his arms aloft (as in I can do anything) on the middle of the pitch while the rest of his teammates jumped all over him. Really got the crowd going and twas a sight to behold. The result of the match made it seem that much better

Flem274*

123/5
Brett Lee's used to be fairly aggressive. As Adam Parore says "He'd get you out, run around with his fist in the air and tell you to **** off."

It's a shame we can't do the same in the schoolboy grades.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Leverock's catch, and the young bowler (forgot his name) started running every which way, until his teammates caught up with him and buried him under a maul. Was wonderful and heartwarming to see.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
When he got Ponting, he spread his arms aloft (as in I can do anything) on the middle of the pitch while the rest of his teammates jumped all over him. Really got the crowd going and twas a sight to behold. The result of the match made it seem that much better
He always does that though. Just makes him look like a **** IMO.

Agree with the above post about Leverock though, very heartwarming indeed.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Dwayne Bravo after his slower ball bowled Yuvraj Singh and won West Indies the match when all looked lost.

He ran to the boundary with every single one of his teammates chasing him, but they still couldnt catch him.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Sreesanth getting Hayden- maybe it's just some of us, but the monstrous expression, the growl and the thump of the ground were quite exciting.

And someone mentioned Brett Lee- who can forget the triple fist pump after a wicket? A pity Ganguly ripped it off, just as he ripped off Flintoff's silly shirt-off act.

Last edited:

iamdavid

International Debutant
Bravo's caught and bowled at Adelaide a couple of years ago, dont recall the batsman, think it was Warne, he ran a hundred yards or so lol.

Also Shoaib after bowling Ponting during the indoor series in 2002, the airplane thing, it was a real adrenaline moment.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bravo's caught and bowled at Adelaide a couple of years ago, dont recall the batsman, think it was Warne, he ran a hundred yards or so lol.
It was indeed Warne, I remember that catch. Was a superb bit of fielding.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Also Fidel Edwards windscreen wiper....and Simon Jones continuously hitting himself on the back of the head like a spastic...didnt quite get that one but it was interesting...

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Leverocks amazing jig when he got Pietersen in a warm up game this year - that were Brillaint

In a more mainstream game, You have to love Monty Panesars woeful high fives and endless energy.

But really, considering what happened after teh umpire gave it out, Steve Harmison getting Kasprowicz out, caught behind by a tumbling Jones - the way we celebrated that was mental

Craig

World Traveller
I think in general cricket post-wicket celebrations are crap, the standard high 5´s and hugs, I love it when you see people like Brett Lee or Shoaib do the aeroplane or what ever other acts. I mean batsmen kiss their helmet on getting a hundred, why not a bowler doing the same when he gets a wicket. BTW it is impossible to do a question mark on this keyboard.

The one I would like to see would be if the crowd is packed and it probably work in front of Bay 13 at the MCG would be if an opposition fielder had been copping crap all day and took a catch and turned around put his finger to his mouth trying to hush the crowd, that would be a classic IMO. You see in football or soccer so you might know what I'm talking about.