• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who would you rather have in your team as a batsman - Hussey or Kallis

Who would you want as a batsman in your team

• Total voters

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Interesting to note the voting in the poll - unless I'm mistaken there's only three Aussie respondents who voted for Kallis, and of them, only two support Australia. And from memory one of them is probably one of the biggest (if not the biggest) fans of Kallis on the forum.
Those being Dasa, Rob Cribb and David Hoitink yeah?

TBH I didn't even know Dasa considered himself Australian, had always thought of him as an Indian who lives in Australia (though IIRR he's lived in Australia all his life). But yes, Rob's certainly Kallis' numero-uno CW fan.

'Tis interesting that only David of Aussies with no well-established Kallis-love voted for Kallis, but not terribly surprising. Especially considering the time this poll was posted - things possibly could be different if we were to do it again tomorrow.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Interesting to note the voting in the poll - unless I'm mistaken there's only three Aussie respondents who voted for Kallis, and of them, only two support Australia. And from memory one of them is probably one of the biggest (if not the biggest) fans of Kallis on the forum.
Yea, many neutrals seem to have gone the Kallis route though, from what I see.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Those being Dasa, Rob Cribb and David Hoitink yeah?

TBH I didn't even know Dasa considered himself Australian, had always thought of him as an Indian who lives in Australia (though IIRR he's lived in Australia all his life). But yes, Rob's certainly Kallis' numero-uno CW fan.
Of course he's an Australian! TBH I tend to think of him as a lefty, more than "Indian guy living in Australia", plus he's so anti-national identity anyway.

But yeah, those were the three I was thinking of (haven't seen much of Corli, so wasn't completely sure there.)... :)

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Kallis for me. We don't know how Hussey will play in the sub-continent. He has to prove there. If he keeps the same average after 20 matches in the sub-continent, I'll pick him over Kallis.

Captain Cricket

State Vice-Captain
Poll results are very close, but I would prefer Hussey as a batsman. He can play any role - whether it's opening the batting, batting at 3 or 4 to steady the innings or even an attacking role at 5 or 6.

Hussey also has a much better strike rate than Kallis and tends to save matches when Australia are in real trouble.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd be much more confident in Kallis than I would be with Hussey, who has yet to prove himself in the subcontinent and in England. You could argue with regards to Bangladesh and County Cricket, but I'm looking for somebody who can perform in all conditions against top opposition.

howardj

International Coach
Jacquesy - averages over 50 against Australia, in Australia.

That needs no embellishment. It speaks for itself.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
So my team is going to India, and Hussey hasn't played there before, whilst Kallis has played all over the world...

Fairly obvious answer. Kallis everyday of the week. Its not even anything against the great Huss, its just he's got so much more to do. And you can't just argue "oh what about current form", because currently still, Huss hasn't had to play two spinners on a turner in India. Kallis has tons in India, and pretty much everywhere else.