• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World's Best All-Rounder ~ Final Poll ~ Best of the Best

Who is the World's Best All Rounder?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
How the hell is Shane Watson lucky to be playing state cricket!! He averages around 50 with the bat and his bowling too has been decent, he did really well in the Super series, KL, then in the Champions trophy in India but after that his body broked down again (which is the sad part).
I don't think even Watson's biggest critic would say that he hasn't got any talent, he has got good potential but his body has just let him down time and again.
His bowling is decent? :p Averages 30, strikes at 50. If he could replicate that in tests he'd be one of the best bowlers in the world right now.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
the mere fact that a poll including flintoff, kallis and pollock with the majority of discussion about how great watson is proves how many ignorant idiots are on this website.

oh wow watson is so awesome, hes played 3 TEST MATCHES!!!

I wouldnt put it past everyone here that you all sit around all day looking at cricket stats drinking red bull.

I think ill leave you sad people to it. Good luck with it all, I will be hoping Watson gets to play a full 5 day test before he gets injured for another 6 months.
You are the one who brought the Watson discussion to the table.

Anyway, leave, this site will be better without you IMO.

Perm

No, he's from Qld. He moved to Tasmania when he was 19 because they offered him a start in their first team which he could keep if he performed to the required standard, whereas Stuart Law/selectors at Qld told him he had to wait in the queue for a while before he got an opportunity because Hopes deserved the opportunity first.
Aw okay, thanks for that.

pup11

International Coach
Well Watson has once again clarified (after his latest injury) that he is never gonna quit bowling because he loves it too much, so lets hope he gets his body his sorted out.

bagapath

International Captain
the mere fact that a poll including flintoff, kallis and pollock with the majority of discussion about how great watson is proves how many ignorant idiots are on this website.

I wouldnt put it past everyone here that you all sit around all day looking at cricket stats drinking red bull.

I think ill leave you sad people to it. Good luck with it all, I will be hoping Watson gets to play a full 5 day test before he gets injured for another 6 months.
I get your point but why so much aggression? Its just not cricket!! Are you going to call everyone with a different opinion from yours an ignorant idiot? Come on bond21! Relax....

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I've never even remotely considered this before but I just cannot resist.
come back to me when Watson scores a 50 in a test match against quality opposition, until then I dont rate him at all.

I would still pick Symonds over him any day of the week simply because Watson is a little wuss who keeps getting injured for some reason.
8-)
i also dont understand why a NZer is arguing with me on this matter...

Watson has been in the news more times for being injured and missing a series than getting runs or getting wickets.
8-)
yea and you have supplies of credibility dont u lmao.

the fact that watson hasnt played more than 3 tests in at least 3 years in International cricket proves hes a wuss.

I didnt know this was the Shane Watson fan club, because everyone ive talked to about him reckons hes lucky to be playing state cricket. Jeff Thomson himself said that Watson is a girly man.

amount of cred score:

Jeff Thomson - 100%

Nerd on the interweb - 0%
8-)

8-)

8-)

Cannot recall ever seeing a poster make so many wrong statements in such a short space of time.

Perm