• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dhoni Captain of Indian ODI side.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
It is a proud day for Jharkhand. :) Not a fan of Dhoni but good luck to him and hope he does well.

jammay123

State 12th Man
who will be test captain and is their cause for dhoni to give up the gloves and give them to karthik whilst they are both in the team? it would take some pressure off his shoulders

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
who will be test captain and is their cause for dhoni to give up the gloves and give them to karthik whilst they are both in the team? it would take some pressure off his shoulders
I think he must ask Karthik to keep wickets now that he is captain of odi. The worry would be if he failed to keep his place in the side on basis of batting alone and Karthik was well established as keeper.:)

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Looking at it that way, why not do a UCB with Graeme Smith and make a fringe player a captain? Then you won't have to worry about a star player's batting or bowling being affected. That said, he's a good choice as of now, given the way he plays.
Graeme Smith wasn’t a fringe player before captaincy, he was just a very inexperienced international cricketer. But he had assured his place at the top of the order in both forms of the game before he was made captain.

R_D

International Debutant
Well, thank **** for that. Was the biggest liability in the squad.
I wouldn't be quite happy just yet thou..... I'm sure he'll ready for his 100th come back soon again :(
I really hope we have seen the last of him.

neutralguy

U19 Debutant
Agarkar Dropped !!
Well iam sure SIR AGGY will make his comeback in a grand style after 3-4 one-dayers against australia as someone is going to have injuries or bowl poorly. The only way SIR AGGY will be out is when he retires, which i dont see it happening for next 4 years atleast.

Dissector

International Debutant
Nah I think it's finally curtains for the legend. With Zaheer, Pathan and three decent spinners to choose from it's hard to see him regain a place. Sreesanth and Munaf will be above Agarkar and if injuries hit those first two I think selectors will try a new bowler rather than give Agarkar another chance. Condolences to the AAAS: the Great One is probably done with international cricket

Last edited:

Dissector

International Debutant
Incidentally I am disappointed to see Sehwag not coming in for Gambhir; I think the latter is a dead end. It's a bit of a pity to see Munaf go as well though understandable given his fitness issues.

I haven't made up my mind about Dhoni as captain though I seriously wonder whether he and Yuvraj will able exert authority with the likes of Tendulkar, Dravid and Ganguly still around and playing well.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I haven't made up my mind about Dhoni as captain though I seriously wonder whether he and Yuvraj will able exert authority with the likes of Tendulkar, Dravid and Ganguly still around and playing well.
I dont think that will be a problem. its not a new situation in India. The problem will be if the team s not doing well and then the knives will be out on who was doing what and to whom :dry:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I wouldn't be quite happy just yet thou..... I'm sure he'll ready for his 100th come back soon again :(
I really hope we have seen the last of him.
I think it's about as likely India have seen the last of Agarkar as it is that Pakistan have seen the last of Shoaib and Afridi.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I think he must ask Karthik to keep wickets now that he is captain of odi. The worry would be if he failed to keep his place in the side on basis of batting alone and Karthik was well established as keeper.:)
I don't believe there is ever the slightest chance that Dinesh Karthik will come close to the batting ability of Mahendra Dhoni in limited-overs cricket.

Heck, it baffles me how he's ever played ODIs ahead of the Uthappas, Gambhirs, Gangulys, Badrinaths et al.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I don't believe there is ever the slightest chance that Dinesh Karthik will come close to the batting ability of Mahendra Dhoni in limited-overs cricket.

Heck, it baffles me how he's ever played ODIs ahead of the Uthappas, Gambhirs, Gangulys, Badrinaths et al.
What .... what .... what ??

I haven't a clue what you are saying.

I havent said a word (or hinted at) about Karthik's batting abilities.