• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India

pup11

International Coach
Oh.. god not again, i came to know that Adam Voges has been picked as the replacement for Mike Hussey for the odi series against India, now i just can't imagine why the selectors ignored (poor) David Hussey once again, hasn't he performed well enough to be selected and what the hell has Voges done recently to get picked ahead of Hussey.
Now i don't want to sound like the biggest David Hussey fan on the planet, but the thing is i like him and i think he is damn good player, the fact that he can be really bat aggressively and at the same time play watchfully (if things go wrong at the top) should have made him an automatic choice for no.7 in the absence of Mike.
Now i am starting to feel that a talent like David Hussey might never play for Australia which would be really dire!
P.S : Mohd. Yousuf would never play cricket for Pakistan as he has joined the ICL, so his international career is as good as over which is a shame.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
My pick would be:

Tendulkar
Ganguly
Dravid
Yuvraj
Karthik
Uthappa
Dhoni
Pathan
Harbhajan
RP Singh
Zaheer.

I would like to see Rohit Sharma come in to the playing 11 as well as he has shown very good ability in the 2 matches that we have seen him in the T20 WC. I do not think we need to play 2 spinners. We can pick Bhajji/Powar and use Yuvraj/Tendulkar/Ganguly for the 5th bowler's quota.

As far as 3 left arm Seamers - It would be advisable to rotate between the 4 - pick 3 of the 4 for every match.

As far as picking Karthik - I think in a 50 over match - his technique is better than Gambhir or Uthuppa. He can also crank up the hits when the situation dictates. We have enough firepower with Yuvi and Dhoni and Irfan is quite capable of playing a cameo.
Put Uthappa at three, Dravid and Yuvraj down one place, and replace Karthik with Powar for mine. Obviously with Powar below Dhoni and Pathan.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
After a long time India have won a world tournament in limited overs cricket. And then, barely a week later, need to drop four from a championship team!!

Almost everyone earned their keep in SA.
It really isn't a case of "dropping" players, though, because they didn't play in the format of the game that said victory happened in. It was a Twenty20 tournament; this is a ODI series. Big difference.

The Sharmas, etc. of this World didn't play India's most recent ODI, so can't be dropped.

Matt79

Global Moderator
pup11 said:
Oh.. god not again, i came to know that Adam Voges has been picked as the replacement for Mike Hussey for the odi series against India, now i just can't imagine why the selectors ignored (poor) David Hussey once again, hasn't he performed well enough to be selected and what the hell has Voges done recently to get picked ahead of Hussey.
Now i don't want to sound like the biggest David Hussey fan on the planet, but the thing is i like him and i think he is damn good player, the fact that he can be really bat aggressively and at the same time play watchfully (if things go wrong at the top) should have made him an automatic choice for no.7 in the absence of Mike.
Now i am starting to feel that a talent like David Hussey might never play for Australia which would be really dire!
P.S : Mohd. Yousuf would never play cricket for Pakistan as he has joined the ICL, so his international career is as good as over which is a shame.
I suppose they've previously gone with Voges and he didn't get much of a go, so they're keen to see how he goes in an extended run in the side before seeking out alternatives... They certainly seem to regard Voges as a long term prospect.

pasag

RTDAS
4-3 Australia. Got the last 7 ODI series prediction spot on, hoping for a repeat here. I think India will start the series well but Australia will come back strongly to win the series.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Despite Jaques strong form in the Australia A tour of Pakistan, I wonder whether Hodge can get himself into the frame for either the vacant opener's slot, or the number 6 slot if Symonds has a poor series and Watto doesn't come up. A couple of centuries and some other handy scores at number 3 would put the pressure back on the selectors...

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Agree with pup on this one, Voges being picked seems very hard on David Hussey.

PakPowered

School Boy/Girl Captain
No, he is going to play test cricket for sure, he won't be playing ICL atall, and would cancel his contact with them very soon.

PakPowered

School Boy/Girl Captain
I think result of the series would be 4-3, and it can go either way, but i think India will probably take the OD series.

Any idea as to when the first match is going to be played?

Laurrz

International Debutant
4-3 Australia. Got the last 7 ODI series prediction spot on, hoping for a repeat here. I think India will start the series well but Australia will come back strongly to win the series.
im glad u said that (4-3 Aus) then :laugh: :)

Nishant

International 12th Man
im glad u said that (4-3 Aus) then :laugh: :)
im not! I think it will be a tight series....india have some momentum with them now and probabaly will start to believe in themselves a lot more. Players like Pathan back into the team will also provide a real boost and stability into the team.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
im not! I think it will be a tight series....india have some momentum with them now and probabaly will start to believe in themselves a lot more. Players like Pathan back into the team will also provide a real boost and stability into the team.
I think India should do better than they have done in recent years against Australia basically because Australian bowling is not looking that powerful any more. Whether that will be enough to see India win is to be seen but a whitewash in favour of Australia would be almost an impossibilty.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Those who think it will be a white wash - here is your chance to win 50 grand.

I will offer 1-100 odds against India losing 7-0 to Australia. Anyone who thinks Australia is going to win 7-0, here is your chance to make big money. Minimum bet 500 greenbacks :) A chance to win 50 grand. Come on any takers :) :) :)