• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Odd dismissals

Engle

State Vice-Captain
List here your experiences or knowledge on odd dismissals

Last week-end, playing a match, I hit the ball high towards the long-off boundary.
Fielder was day-dreaming, looking elsewhere
Someone yelled to him ' catch the ball '
He woke up from his stupor, the ball fell right on his lap, juggled it and caught it.

A laugh from all :laugh: , tho not from me :dry:

pup11

International Coach
Richard you also caught one like that??
The most recent odd dismissal i can remember of is Michael clarke's dismissal against New Zealand during a Super 8 game, where he shouldered arms to an incoming delivery and got bowled.

cpr

International Coach
Wasnt it Chris Read who got out ducking a yorker? Pretty funny one that

southafrica

Cricket Spectator
Inzi has a knack for being involved in strange dismissals...

There was that one where he was daydreaming in the slips and still managed to catch Greame Smith, but remember in the series against England where he blocked the ball to prevent a runout attempt? And then the next game he made way for the ball and was still given out... shame!

stumpski

International Captain
Many years ago I saw a Glamorgan fielder at Lord's still signing an autograph as the bowler was coming in - sure enough, the ball was hit in the air toward him ... he dropped book and pen and succeeded in taking the catch. I think it was opener John Hopkins.

Can't remember if he finished signing though. :)

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
I remember Russel Arnold catching one England batsman on our tour to Sri Lanka in 2000-01 when, while fielding at short leg, the ball was hit straight up his shirt and got stuck. Details are sketchy in my mind though.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Strangest one I had was more than 10 years ago when I was still in Pakistan and used to play tape-ball cricket for the most part. I bowled the ball and then somehow managed to fall on my back. The batsman drove the ball straight as I fell and was stopped by my jaw. I was able to stop the ball from rolling on to the ground and found out that I apparently had 'caught' the ball.

The_Bunny

State Regular
Funniest dismissal I ever saw was Michael Clarke in the WC, wouldnt have thought it was so funny if Aus wasnt on top of the game but as it was it was hilarious:laugh:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Hate to pick on the bloke, but two from Inzi stick in the mind: the one where the bowler (Harmison?) threw the ball at the stumps & he lifted his foot slightly to avoid it and was (wrongly) given run out & the one where Monty was bowling and he majestically failed to hurdle his stumps from a standing start.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Thought of another: KP's chin-strap breaking & his helmet hitting the stumps earlier this summer v the Windies. Bravo the bowler from memory?

Yup. Bravo. From YouTube.

Last edited: