• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Top 25 cricketers of Shane Warne's Career - as decided by CW

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Lets put it this way Matteh my dear.

If you think that

• Roger Twose is a better batsmen than Tendulkar
  • Bond a better bowler than McGrath and Wasim
  • Hogg a better batsman (cricketer) than Ricky Ponting
  • Moody a better cricketer than Steve Waugh
  • Bell a better batsman than Lara and
  • Dewald Pretorius (I must admit I had no clue there was an international cricketer by that name) a better cricketer than Lara, Tendulkar, Warne, McGrath, Ambrose, wasim and hosts of others
then I think I must leave this debating arena to occupy in your solitary splendour since I am clearly a misfit here.

For those who are as ignorant as yours tuly about who Pretorius is , let me give them the information.
  • Name : Dewald Pretorius
  • Tests : 4

Batting Record

• Career Run Aggregate : 22
  • Highest Score : 9
  • 50's : nil
  • 100's : ZILCH
  • Average : 7.33
  • Batting Order : No. 11

Bowling Record
  • Bowling Style : Right arm fast
  • Test wickets : 6
  • Average : 71.7
  • 5-for's : NIL
  • 10-fors : ZILCH
  • Best bowling : 4 for 115

I give up :dry:

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ideally i wanted Darren Maddy in there, but he never played against Warne, so that was that.

funnygirl

State Regular
I cant say about others, but that certainly is not true in my case. I consistently rate Wasim and Warne as two of the best players in Warne's era. Not only were they great bowlers and achieved great success,but also highly skillful and very entertaining and that's why they are my top 2 cricketers of last 20 years.

In this thread I didn't include Warne, because I was under the impression that we were picking bets players of warne era excluding warne and I was too lazy to go and update my list when I found that we could pick Warne too.
Thats just great .Some one who thinks exactly like me .Cheers Buddy .Two W's here Wasim and Warne are my favourite cricketers .They made bowling so sensuous .

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Thats just great .Some one who thinks exactly like me .Cheers Buddy .Two W's here Wasim and Warne are my favourite cricketers .They made bowling so sensuous .
Is that the first use of the word "sensuous" in connection with bowling on CW? It's certainly the first I've seen, some of the older members might be able to speak with more authority.

Warney and Wasim would be pleased, I'm sure. :)