• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dravid - Defensive Captain

JBH001

International Regular
A) The fact that you bemoan someone from being defensive at 35/4 shows you have no idea about cricket.
B) The fact that you think Dravid should have taken a chance that might have cost the entire series (first one in 20+ years) shows you have no idea about cricket.
C) The fact that you forgot the 3rd Test vs. England in Mumbai where Dravid got burned trying to attack, and an earlier Test where Dravid went all out for the win on the last day (but it ended up a draw) shows you have bad memory....and have no idea about cricket.

LOL!

I think we can safely say, raghav = clueless muppet = who has no idea about cricket.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The fact that you can't have a normal conversation, without downign someone, shows that you are being a bit of a D!ck, moderator or not, you don't have to take such an aggressive approach, chill out it's the internet.
And quite frankly, what the hell does it matter whether it's the internet? The comment is the same whatever the medium.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Probably. "Clueless muppet" is going a bit far TBH. His crazed anti-India attitudes will lead him to make some silly comments but generally there's only a very small few who I'd go so far as to call "clueless muppet"s (almost always those that end-up being banned).

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Was clearly aggressive. Also there was some filter avoidance, but i'm not giving any clues as to where.
He's not the first, and will hardly be the last to be aggressive in a cricket discussion.

And considering how much SS has copped it from many posters in the past, I've never seen him actually insult or offend a poster. I've never seen him lose his cool, and he most certainly didn't in his first post in this thread.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
And considering how much SS has copped it from many posters in the past, I've never seen him actually insult or offend a poster.
Which is more than can be said for just about anyone with a decent postcount (you yourself are another exception I suppose).

Jeeys, some of the attempted-pointscoring here beggars belief! WTF is with people trying to jump on Manan for some tiny little nothingness? What the hell has he done to deserve the crap he's got from the quarters he's had it from here?

Last edited:

adharcric

International Coach
Which is more than can be said for just about anyone with a decent postcount (you yourself are another exception I suppose).

Jeeys, some of the attempted-pointscoring here beggars belief! WTF is with people trying to jump on Manan for some tiny little nothingness?
Has it happened a lot in OT as well? Not sure what you're talking about otherwise.

JBH001

International Regular
Probably. "Clueless muppet" is going a bit far TBH. His crazed anti-India attitudes will lead him to make some silly comments but generally there's only a very small few who I'd go so far as to call "clueless muppet"s (almost always those that end-up being banned).

Fair enough, I suppose. In any case, I was partly 'stirring' as I am wont to do from time to time.
And yes, I guess putting clueless and muppet together, was indeed going a bit too far...

btw, is Manan raghav's name irl?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Fair enough, I suppose. In any case, I was partly 'stirring' as I am wont to do from time to time.
And yes, I guess putting clueless and muppet together, was indeed going a bit too far...

btw, is Manan raghav's name irl?
Manan is silentstriker, Raghav, AFAIK, is Raghav.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
He's not the first, and will hardly be the last to be aggressive in a cricket discussion.

And considering how much SS has copped it from many posters in the past, I've never seen him actually insult or offend a poster. I've never seen him lose his cool, and he most certainly didn't in his first post in this thread.
Completely agree with the above. I dont see any aggression at all in SS's post.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nor were you avoiding the filter (though the guy with the random-letters posting-ID was trying to avoid it with a word that isn't even filterered) and frankly I think Mitchell's just ****stirring.
Did i say it was SS filter avoiding?

The guy felt SS was talking down to him and SS by taking the you know nothing about cricket approach has given off the manner that he was. Given who it is i'd place it more down to an incorrect choice of tone rather than any malice.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Not sure what the big deal is tbh. Manan has stated an opinion, in a manner that may have been slightly derogatory, but I see nothing wrong with that. Given that he has apologised about the matter at hand also proves that he was not trying to argue with much other than Raghav's cricketing thoughts. No problem IMO.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
silentstriker was aggressive, big deal. Get over it, the original post deserved that kind of comment IMO.

Anyway, Dravid isn't a particularly defensive captain from what I have seen of him. He did have the opportunity to win the 3rd Test and failed to capitalise, but you can blame his batting and not his captaincy for that.

pasag

RTDAS
Not a huge fan of aggressive comments (even though I'm no saint when it comes to the matter), but SS apologised even though he didn't have to and it's over.

Raghav, please stop baiting Indian fans. You stopped for a while and became quite a good poster, let it stay that way.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
so u r a fan of all things defensive, huh? lol ;) :p

I thought it was only the batting....
I'm not a fan of defensive captaincy exactly, but there are times when it is beneficial and there are teams within which it will work better than aggressive captaincy as a whole. The key to captaincy though, IMO, is to know when to be aggressive and when to be defensive. There seems to be a mindset existing within many people that suggests you must always be aggressive, always attack - and it isn't right. Good captaincy is about getting the balance right.