• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ganguly- should he be dropped.

Should Ganguly be dropped???

• Yes, drop him. He doesn't deserve to be there.

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Strip his captaincy, he is a crappy captain.

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Leave him as captain

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • drop him and throw rotten tomatoes at him.

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

Kimbo

International Debutant
IMO it's time for Sourav Ganguly to be dropped. Or at least have his captaincy stripped. He is a shocker of a captain. He seems like a sour little child. All he ever does is whinge about things. He needs to take responsibility for his actions.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ik say drop him and throw rotten tomatoes at him, hes a loser and i dont like him.
Make sure they are rotten tomatoes though,you wouldnt want to waste ripe ones on him.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Is the WI one the worst ? Maybe you don't rate them. But you will see them for yourself in the world cup. Also SAF almost lost to them in Champions Trophy if not for Dillon.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think the West Indies are a much improved team and a force to be reckoned with in 2 or 3 years.

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
There is no point in either dropping Ganguly from the team or stripping him from captaincy.

He has done well in the past, and this is the first time in his captaincy that such a horrific performance has been shown by the team.To tinker with the composition of the team in a major way at this stage will prove to be a disaster for the WC.

Ringua

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Ganguly is a good skipper, unfortunately the Indian team is down at the moment, but India has played better cricket under Ganguly for most part of this year.So i don't think Ganguly should be axed!

Orin

School Boy/Girl Captain
Ganguly should not be replaced has captain because I think he is a good captain. Maybe he had one or two bad series but look at it......................All captains have there bad days.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
The problem is that it's not just this series, he's just not scored many runs over the last 3 years and now his OD Batting is going down too, I think they need to tell him to start scoring or face the axe or bat down at 6 cause he's batting too high and getting out. It's not a good thing if the captain keeps getting a low score...

Kimbo

International Debutant
how can you look up to your captain and respect him if he is a lazy fielder and is costantly getting out for low scores. not only does he get out cheaply, but to stupid shots, or the same way every game because he hasnt rectified a problem(the edges to slip problem).
my captain last year was a batter, she averaged 14 all season. whenever she gave me advice or anything i just thought how stupid it was that she felt she was in a position to tell me what to do when i was playing far better than she was.

royGilchrist

State 12th Man
Its a sensitive topic to discuss if he should be dropped or not, but I think if India fail to qualify for the second round in the WC, he will get the axe. I had always been critical of him since he became the captain, but I think I was wrong and India has done well in his captaincy (relatively speaking ofcourse), although the way things work, in cricket crazy countries like India people dont remember the long term performance.

That said, I still feel that his batting performance has gone down considerably since he becmae the captain, which is a big loss for India. And due to this there is another negative impact, Laxman has to bat so low in the order hence wasting his talent. Ganguly himself doesnt play well and still goes ahead of Laxman.

royGilchrist

State 12th Man
And I completely agree with Sunil, a captain has to perform well himself (or herslef :) ) to earn the respect of his players.

anzac

International Debutant
the proviso I'd add to the above would be unless their leadership was still providing dividends & the team were performing accordingly. Eg Fleming is struggling for runs as ODI opener, yet I would not look at dropping him unless his Captaincy came to grief.

In Ganguly's case both his form & Captaincy have struggled this tour. I'd not drop him until seeing what happens in the WC. If his leadership does not improve then he must face some accountability.

The next question is who is a viable replacement??? The logical & credible choices would be limited to Dravid & Tendulkar.

:)

Kimbo

International Debutant
I think Dravid would be a good choice. He is sensible and has a good cricketing head on his shoulders. He would lead by example and always inspires with his mental dexterity. He isnt a big personality but neither is Fleming and he is a good captain. Dravid can be trusted definitely.

masterblaster

International Captain
Its a tough call, Ganguly has done really well this whole year and years before for India. His batting was quite good last season and this season, but he has had a bad tour. Every player is human, and they can have a bad tour, but maybe after the WC, If Ganguly fails it is time to re-evaulate his position in Indian Cricket.

For one, I would love to see Rahul Dravid as captain, you can see that the whole teams admires and looks up to this man, he is respected, more-so than Ganguly, who can be rather snobbish and arrogant, he is calm, cool and collected as well, but to criticise him on one thing, he is not assertive and aggressive, but rather meek and mild mannered.

I say keep Ganguly until the WC and after the WC re-evaluate his performance.